Custy’s Column

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Custy’s Column

Post by josie andrews »

In a new feature for the 2023 season, Cade Cust will give us an insight into life on and off the field as a Wigan Warriors in a series of updates. Read below for the first instalment of ‘Custy’s Column’…

Hey Wigan Fans,

Hope you’re all well, keeping warm and looking forward to the new season which is just over eight weeks away.

I had the chance to go home to Australia after the season finished, spending six weeks with family and friends before making my way back to the UK to join up with my teammates. The young lads have been back for a few weeks and are looking sharp in training and it was great to get started with pre-season training with the squad.

They are dark, long days at the moment but I love the camaraderie of spending time with my teammates, Liam Marshall has been pretty good and getting the players’ spirits up.

Friday’s have been Community days and Matt Peet encourages this. I really enjoy it and the fans respond by turning up for games supporting us, they were brilliant for us in 2022.

I have got two house guests during the week in Toby King and Jake Wardle. We spend a lot of time together and go out for meals talking rugby and looking forward to the new season. I’m not enjoying the weather so much though, it’s been freezing! De-frosting the car isn’t much fun and I saw snow for the first time in ages.

Thursday this week is ‘Night Under the Lights’ where we will be training for an hour and our fans can come down and watch. After that we have a ‘meet and greet’ session with the fans and it will be good to spend some time with them before we break for Christmas.

I am looking forward to Christmas Day too. It’ll be myself, Kaide Ellis and Patrick Mago – we’re going round to Matt Peet’s house for the day and spending some time with his family. So I think it’ll be a good one!

Hopefully I’ll see some of you on Thursday night and I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Speak Soon,

Custy

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/12/ ... ys-column/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Custy’s Column

Post by josie andrews »

Hope that doesn’t mean he won’t be here next year 2024!!

Every player who has done one of these columns in the past always leaves ☹️
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Hope stays, good player, really like him, maybe offer him the Hooking role for 2024 with a pay rise
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:28 pm Hope stays, good player, really like him, maybe offer him the Hooking role for 2024 with a pay rise
Didnt see that reply coming meds 😜
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Great gesture from Matty Peet and his family to have those players round for Christmas day.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

No straw damn us wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:15 pm Great gesture from Matty Peet and his family to have those players round for Christmas day.
Think he did last Xmas as well
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jaws1 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:24 pm
No straw damn us wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:15 pm Great gesture from Matty Peet and his family to have those players round for Christmas day.
Think he did last Xmas as well
Yes he did 😊
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

It certainly is, but that is the type of people Matty and his wife are.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

👋👋👋
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Will they be having trifle?