Batemans's departure confirmed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
sheepsteeth

Re: Batemans's departure confirmed

Post by sheepsteeth »

When he went to Canberra I became a Canberra supporter.
This time I’ll be supporting whoever plays The Tigers.
He’s done the club over, he’s done fans over with at best bang average performances and he may have also meant kids didn’t get names on their shirts at Christmas because we couldn’t do the squad numbers.
Sheens has said he’s a world class player, there’s been absolutely no evidence of that over the last 2 years.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

In fully believe that he came back for his kid and have no ill will. He was nowhere near as bad as some made out.

With that said I would hope his time at the club is fully done now. He obviously has no loyalty to us (fair enough) and we can't be a safety net again.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

The only bit that annoys me is being messed around by Wests and Bateman at the end as now we don’t have time to source a replacement in time for next season.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Well ive no bad feelings towards him….. granted he wasnt as good last time here, but , lets be honest, he had set a massive bar the first time he played for us…… just hoping wigans plan b for a signing is imminent ( like some on here have suggested)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Not been as good for us 2nd time round but still be a loss to the team. We should have signed a replacement, not signing anyone is rather poor if you ask me. It’s a short career so can’t blame the lad, don’t think he will be as good as he was for Canberra, the tigers are a poor team to go to also. Ey well, they come and they go. Hopefully we will sign another good player when one becomes available
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

How can we sign a replacement when we’ve blown half our foreign quota spaces on bang average players
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

If the club knew this was on the cards since July why didn’t they try harder to keep Nicholson and McDonnell? There was Rushton as well and all 3 have gone to our rivals. Whilst Bateman hasn’t been the same player second time around just feel our pack lacks someone with a bit of bite.

Hope KR eventually replaces him with a quality and not second choice Nrl players. As we may need 2 second rows now as Farrell is getting no younger. Big chance for Nsemba now opened up.

It will be interesting to see how our forwards go against HKR
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Firestarter wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:39 am Well ive no bad feelings towards him….. granted he wasnt as good last time here, but , lets be honest, he had set a massive bar the first time he played for us…… just hoping wigans plan b for a signing is imminent ( like some on here have suggested)
There doesn’t seem to be a plan b if that press release is to be believed
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Graham1 wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:20 am If the club knew this was on the cards since July why didn’t they try harder to keep Nicholson and McDonnell? There was Rushton as well and all 3 have gone to our rivals. Whilst Bateman hasn’t been the same player second time around just feel our pack lacks someone with a bit of bite.

Hope KR eventually replaces him with a quality and not second choice Nrl players. As we may need 2 second rows now as Farrell is getting no younger. Big chance for Nsemba now opened up.

It will be interesting to see how our forwards go against HKR
Nicholson was gone by June wasn’t he?
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Lot a huge loss when you reflect upon his performances v wages he pockets!

Clearly West's are expecting to see 'Canberra Bateman'