Wigan Warriors 2022 Season Review

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morley pie eater

Re: Wigan Warriors 2022 Season Review

Post by morley pie eater »

"Ninety nine percent on here agree"
:lol: :lol:

Is that 99% of posts from less than 10% of posters who write in most? And even if 99% on here disagree, the coach still picks the team.

These are the posters who make up stuff like "Wane's love child" and "trains well" or "might be a nice bloke but . . .". They then believe that if enough people repeat it, it makes it true. Father Christmas comes down the chimney and the NHS gets £350 million extra a week since B****t.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

morley pie eater wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:21 pm "Ninety nine percent on here agree"

Is that 99% of posts from less than 10% of posters who write in most? And even if 99% on here disagree, the coach still picks the team.

These are the posters who make up stuff like "Wane's love child" and "trains well" or "might be a nice bloke but . . .". They then believe that if enough people repeat it, it makes it true. Father Christmas comes down the chimney.

Brexit/Political talk is not allowed, Please keep on topic
99% or not, the fact is he is no Hooker, Even Matty Peet told him to look at what other SL Hookers do during games to help him develop :D

Move him to 13, that has now turned into a non important position :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

We have now got a 13, Smithies, who should have inherited the shirt when Lockers retired a proper loose forward, not to give it to a second rower with a marquee salary just to appease his massive ego!

So stop putting players there that are not loose forwards & never will be! 😉
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:04 pm We have now got a 13, Smithies, who should have inherited the shirt when Lockers retired a proper loose forward, not to give it to a second rower with a marquee salary just to appease his massive ego!

I thought Lockers was the last real ball playing Loose Forward :?

Move him to 12 then, his defence is good enough to be given a spot but his attack is null and void
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:15 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:04 pm We have now got a 13, Smithies, who should have inherited the shirt when Lockers retired a proper loose forward, not to give it to a second rower with a marquee salary just to appease his massive ego!

Move him to 12 then, his defence is good enough to be given a spot but his attack is null and void
You said that about Lockers for the majority of his career at Wigan & argued regularly with me about him 😂

Give Smithies a chance, he’s been played in every position on a regular basis except the position he played all his academy career loose forward 😊
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:02 pm
medlocke wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:15 pm

You said that about Lockers for the majority of his career at Wigan & argued regularly with me about him 😂

Give Smithies a chance, he’s been played in every position on a regular basis except the position he played all his academy career loose forward 😊
Did he not play the majority at loose last season?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I was relatively happy with 2022. I'm amazed people believe Powell is the reason we failed vs Leeds.

Leeds where playing a very dirty brand of rugby at the end of the year that involved slowing the game down. Wigan played a very quick game.

The Leeds match is the only fault I have with Peet from last year he didn't learn from the league games vs Leeds whereas they identified and did everything to prevent us getting into a flow.

It was not down to one player
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:47 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:21 pm "Ninety nine percent on here agree"

These are the posters who make up stuff like "Wane's love child" and "trains well" or "might be a nice bloke but . . .". They then believe that if enough people repeat it, it makes it true. Father Christmas comes down the chimney.

Brexit/Political talk is not allowed, Please keep on topic**
99% or not, the fact is he is no Hooker, Even Matty Peet told him to look at what other SL Hookers do during games to help him develop :D

**He was being facetious with his reply! Over the top moderating Meds!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:19 am I was relatively happy with 2022. I'm amazed people believe Powell is the reason we failed vs Leeds.

Leeds where playing a very dirty brand of rugby at the end of the year that involved slowing the game down. Wigan played a very quick game.

The Leeds match is the only fault I have with Peet from last year he didn't learn from the league games vs Leeds whereas they identified and did everything to prevent us getting into a flow.

It was not down to one player
Very true, it reminded me of the ‘old’ Leeds!
jobo

Post by jobo »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:22 am
medlocke wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:47 pm

Brexit/Political talk is not allowed, Please keep on topic**

**He was being facetious with his reply! Over the top moderating Meds!
:D