5-prize auction for Sam Powell’s testimonial

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

5-prize auction for Sam Powell’s testimonial

Post by josie andrews »

5-prize auction launched for Sam Powell’s testimonial game.

Prizes include unique opportunities for fans to get involved in a Warriors matchday.

Wigan Warriors v Salford Red Devils, Sunday 5th February, 3pm K.O.

Ahead of Sam Powell’s testimonial game against Salford Red Devils on Sunday 5th February 2023, we are offering fans the chance to bid in a unique auction with five fantastic prizes!

After 10 years of service to Wigan Warriors and Rugby League Sam Powell has been granted a Testimonial year by the RFL for 2023.

As part of his Testimonial year, Powell will lead out his hometown Club in a pre-season friendly against Salford Red Devils at the DW Stadium on Sunday 5th February (3pm K.O.). This will be the Warriors’ final pre-season fixture ahead of the 2023 campaign and the game will see the full first team squad involved. Ticket details can be found HERE.

The auction is a chance for fans to bid on unique experiences, with five fantastic prizes up for grabs! The first of the five prizes was launched earlier this week, with a place for two people in the walk-through at the fan village already live for bidding.

CLICK HERE to bid on any of the following prizes:

Gantry experience with Matt Peet for the Salford game (For one)

Prize includes the chance to sit alongside Matt Peet and his Coaching staff from the gantry at the DW Stadium to oversee the 80-minutes.

Place for two in the Boardroom with Kris Radlinski

Prize includes the chance for two people to watch and experience the game from the padded executive seats alongside Kris Radlinski.

Place for two on the field for the pre-match warm-up

Prize includes the chance for two people to enter the Stadium bowl with the team for the pre-match warm-up. The two people will then get to complete the full warm-up with the team before heading back down the tunnel ahead of kick-off.

Place for two in the fan walk through at the Robin Park Arena fan village to the DW Stadium

Prize includes the chance for two people to take part in the ‘walk through’ with the matchday team. You will walk from the players changing rooms at Robin Park Arena, through the electrifying atmosphere of the fan village, all the way to the DW Stadium.

Place for two in the changing rooms after the game for the team de-brief

Prize includes the chance for two people to head down the tunnel at full time as the players and staff return to the changing rooms. You will get to experience the post-match debrief from Matt Peet as he addresses the players and reflect on the 80-minutes that have just unfolded.

Please note

Please note that the auction for all five prizes started at 6pm on Sunday 15th January and ends at 7pm on Friday 27th January.

All bidders must be signed into their Wigan Warriors retail account to bid. You will be notified by email if you are the winning bidder. The winning bidder has two days to pay; if it is not paid then the prize will be offered to the next highest bidder. UK postage is available for physical items, but this can be arranged separately at the bidder’s cost.

Please take the time to read our full Terms and Conditions HERE.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/01/ ... stimonial/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Re: 5-prize auction for Sam Powell’s testimonial

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Always think these sort of prizes should be raffled not an aution.
That way supporters with low/moderate incomes can take part and have a chance of getting one of the prizes.

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:42 am Always think these sort of prizes should be raffled not an aution.
That way supporters with low/moderate incomes can take part and have a chance of getting one of the prizes.

EW
Yep i think a few have commented similar previously

even it its only 1 or 2 of the prizes, at least you can feel included and have a chance. I know these may not attract massive bids into the thousands, but even at say 2-300 they would be out of my price bracket to even consider putting a bid it
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:42 am Always think these sort of prizes should be raffled not an aution.

EW
Yep spot on. Not good.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

There might be a reason for it, think there are a lot more rules/reg/laws you have to make sure you comply with for raffles but i agree in principle
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:30 am There might be a reason for it, think there are a lot more rules/reg/laws you have to make sure you comply with for raffles but i agree in principle
I have a mate who has a fishing tackle shop in Morecambe, He runs 2 or 3 raffles/prize giveaways almost every night, I'm sure if he can do this then the RL powerhouse that is Wigan can manage a one off raffle for their golden child
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

EW
Yep, I totally agree. There are a couple of prizes on there that I would give my right arm for, but the majority of people will be priced out of even having the opportunity, simply because of others with more disposable income.

Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

medlocke wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:21 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:30 am There might be a reason for it, think there are a lot more rules/reg/laws you have to make sure you comply with for raffles but i agree in principle
I have a mate who has a fishing tackle shop in Morecambe, He runs 2 or 3 raffles/prize giveaways almost every night, I'm sure if he can do this then the RL powerhouse that is Wigan can manage a one off raffle for their golden child
The issue is Wigan will have fans In other countries and would have to comply with each counties gambling laws.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Benefit of being anonymous I would imagine

There are certain rules and regs around raffles like you have to answer a question to enter etc etc that’s why there’s always some daft easy question on competitions

It’s just a guess but it might be off putting to them when they might get enough through auctions
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:47 pm
The issue is Wigan will have fans In other countries and would have to comply with each counties gambling laws.
If that is the case then fair enough