Rocky

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
widdenoldboy

Re: Rocky

Post by widdenoldboy »

Wintergreen wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:39 pm
Mike wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:38 am It's good our staff evaluated him, but I'd also like to have sren an independent evaluation. It's tricky to be objective with someone that either you know personally or is known to the organization, they get the benefit of the doubt more often than someone independent. A lot of this would be judgement calls on his injury too.

Let's hope this works out and isn't a reoccurrence on his first couple of bench appearances. If that happens then rose tinted specs could be a culprit - wishing someone along on their recovery too soon to show that the signing was a good one.
Indeed, let's hope it's not a horror show.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I see what you did there, are we stuck in a Time Warp with this signing?
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

I hear he's been working on his (side) step (to the right).
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Good signing for me can cover all the back positions without juggling all the players around .
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

I just he is as big a success as Thornley :lol:
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

blindsideprop wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:47 am I just he is as big a success as Thornley :lol:
Thornley isn’t a bad signing now we have two centres. I don’t think he was that bad last year he just spent a lot of time injured.

Not sure if he’s played second row before but with his size he might be able to do a job there
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Not seen that much of either, but don't see much between Thornley and King. We'll see!
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Good point re Thornley and second row cover he has played there before if memory serves. Defensively defending at second row on the edge should be ok for a big centre he also takes ball in well enough. Just do with some luck with injuries.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Big stick wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:15 pm
blindsideprop wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:47 am I just he is as big a success as Thornley :lol:
Thornley isn’t a bad signing now we have two centres. I don’t think he was that bad last year he just spent a lot of time injured.

Not sure if he’s played second row before but with his size he might be able to do a job there
And that is the issue… doesn’t matter how good you are or what your role is if you aren’t available.

Second row? His body clearly cannot hack it at centre and he’s hardly a player who strikes fear in people. He doesn’t have the grit, aggression and work rate for second row.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:49 am

And that is the issue… doesn’t matter how good you are or what your role is if you aren’t available.

Second row? His body clearly cannot hack it at centre and he’s hardly a player who strikes fear in people. He doesn’t have the grit, aggression and work rate for second row.
Seem this issue is only applied to certain players. What about French what about Bateman, Tomkins, field, all has some very long term injuries but I guess they weren't signed from leigh so leople gave them a bit more leeway.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:35 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:49 am

Seem this issue is only applied to certain players. What about French what about Bateman, Tomkins, field, all has some very long term injuries but I guess they weren't signed from leigh so leople gave them a bit more leeway.
All the players you listed are far far far far better than Thornley, so its not that people give them more leeway its that you know your return of investment is still balanced
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure