Rocky

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

Re: Rocky

Post by ddtftf »

Terrible going backwards we have some very very good lightening fast backs in the Academy team & 2 very good forwards ,

I watched the Whitehaven match on Wigan TV . We need to bring them into the first team not sign cheap players that no club wants.
doc

Post by doc »

I don't think Rocky got a fair crack of the whip last time round. He and Williams were great playing as a pair of halves in the scholarship. When they went to playing split halves in the academy he wasn't as effective, and even less so when moved to full back.

He always looked like a natural stand off to me and his best game for us was at 6 when he was a late replacement for GW who had a back problem during the warm up.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

ddtftf wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:07 pm Terrible going backwards we have some very very good lightening fast backs in the Academy team & 2 very good forwards ,

I watched the Whitehaven match on Wigan TV . We need to bring them into the first team not sign cheap players that no club wants.
I very rarely disagree with you ddtftf but I do on this one

Academy players are hit and miss and it’s unfair to expect them to carry the team if one of our starters gets injured - this way rocky can provide us depth and not only that I expect he could push the likes of smith and Cust to avoid complacency

The ideal situation for Wigan would be for rocky to find form and force all those infront of him to step up
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

It seems Wigan are starting a new tradition. Re-signing past players who ought to be considering retirement who are injured. First Thornley now Hampshire.

What thought process does Radlinski go through to convince himself signings like this are a good idea? God knows.

If Leigh had signed him we’d be laughing at them and not having people doing their best to convince themselves it’s a good signing. :roll:
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

DaveO wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:01 pm It seems Wigan are starting a new tradition. Re-signing past players who ought to be considering retirement who are injured. First Thornley now Hampshire.

What thought process does Radlinski go through to convince himself signings like this are a good idea? God knows.

If Leigh had signed him we’d be laughing at them and not having people doing their best to convince themselves it’s a good signing. :roll:
I wouldn’t be laughing - I wouldn’t be jealous but not laughing

The guy isn’t coming as a starter in a position we had no depth - so that’s where I see the difference to thornley

He’s a decent level for a cover player imo
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

IL out
Sack KR
Job for boys
No one else would touch him.

There we go sorted.

:lol:
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

Who would have thought that all of you know better than Matt P and Wane ?
They really should have consulted with the experts on here first .
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

This board is terrible :roll: :roll:
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

The Pearl1 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:33 pm This board is terrible :roll: :roll:
Nah!
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I thought ok if he’s covering but to sign him with such a serious injury has to make you think….