Rocky

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Jonh

Re: Rocky

Post by Jonh »

Shevvylad wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:39 am
Jonh wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:26 am
Shevvylad wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:33 am What a ridiculous situation...is this the level of ambition we are really holding ? Hampshire is an over rated never
-really -was, waiting to become a has-been. His ego will have a devastating effect on the younger lads coming into the first team squad this season, and he simply isn't good enough (despite his opinion of himself) to justify any portion of the salary cap. Will the club ever learn about return signings ??

Do you know Rocky?
I used to. Actually, I'm distantly related to him, but that's not how I know/knew him.

Well I am amazed if you think he has an ego.

He absolutely does not. He’s a cracking down to earth lad and always has been.

He wasn’t happy with the way he was being used at Wigan mainly because he was never allowed to play his natural game under a very structured Wane coached side.

He is a very hard working down to earth lad who will I’m confident give 100% at Wigan.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I get why some people dont like the signing, but for me when we signed Thornley as a starting centre that was a mistake but Rocky is not being signed as a starter and he really can cover loads of the backline positions. He's never been a bad player - overhyped - yes, but he's decent level of skill

I remember him having an excellent spell on the wing for Cas

The only way this doesnt make sense if is he was coming in on a big wage and/or as a starting player neither of those i believe will be the case so seems like solid business.

Squads win trophies
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

medlocke wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:25 am And so it continues :(

“Ryan is recovering from a long-term ACL injury but our experienced medical team have performed stringent medicals to ensure that he is where he needs to be. Plans have been put in place to guide him through the final two months of rehabilitation.”

Are these the same Doctors that deemed George Burgess fit enough to sign?
The answer about the doctors is no.
Shevvylad

Post by Shevvylad »

Jonh wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:36 am
Jonh wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:26 am

Do you know Rocky?
I used to. Actually, I'm distantly related to him, but that's not how I know/knew him.

He wasn’t happy with the way he was being used at Wigan mainly because he was never allowed to play his natural game under a very structured Wane coached side.

He is a very hard working down to earth lad who will I’m confident give 100% at Wigan.
Well I will be happy to be shown that he has changed, but he used to be an arrogant bugger with a higher opinion of himself as a player than anyone around him. If he's lost that side of his character, then fair enough...
Charriots Offiah

Re: Ryan Hampshire

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:58 am
Mauny6 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:09 am Surprise signing where do we think he'll play back up to powell maybe.
Why? We have Brad O’Neill, Tom Forber & Lewis Pinder!
It’s a wind up Josie.
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

Shevvylad wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:53 am

Well I will be happy to be shown that he has changed, but he used to be an arrogant bugger with a higher opinion of himself as a player than anyone around him. If he's lost that side of his character, then fair enough...
I’ve known him and coached him for a bit since he was 13 and I’ve never regarded him or known him to be arrogant at all.

I’ve also never heard anyone else describe him as that. He’s always been quite a shy lad from my experience of him.

Only coach I’ve ever known for him to click with was Wane but he never fitted into a side coached the way Wane coached. I think a lot of fans couldn’t understand that and accused him of having an attitude when the reality was neither were a good fit for each other.
Last edited by Jonh on Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shevvylad

Post by Shevvylad »

Jonh wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:03 pm
Shevvylad wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:53 am

I’ve known him and coached him for a bit since he was 13 and I’ve never regarded him or known him to be arrogant at all.

I’ve also never heard anyone else describe him as that.
Well you must be right then.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

:geek: inn
josie andrews wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:45 am
lucky 13 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:12 am Signed good cover.
I’ll put the link to this news on for you!

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/01/ ... for-wigan/
Sorry didn't have a link daughter messaged me... Have you got to have a link to post news?
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
josie andrews

Re: Ryan Hampshire

Post by josie andrews »

Dreamteam wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:30 am
josie andrews wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:58 am
Mauny6 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:09 am Surprise signing where do we think he'll play back up to powell maybe.
Why? We have Brad O’Neill, Tom Forber & Lewis Pinder!
Lewis isn’t at Wigan anymore
Is he not?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

lucky 13 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:10 pm :geek: inn
josie andrews wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:45 am
lucky 13 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:12 am Signed good cover.
I’ll put the link to this news on for you!

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/01/ ... for-wigan/
Sorry didn't have a link daughter messaged me... Have you got to have a link to post news?
Not particularly, but like another poster he put it in the rumour mill 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan