Rocky

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Rocky

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:35 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:49 am
Big stick wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:15 pm

Thornley isn’t a bad signing now we have two centres. I don’t think he was that bad last year he just spent a lot of time injured.

Not sure if he’s played second row before but with his size he might be able to do a job there
And that is the issue… doesn’t matter how good you are or what your role is if you aren’t available.

Second row? His body clearly cannot hack it at centre and he’s hardly a player who strikes fear in people. He doesn’t have the grit, aggression and work rate for second row.
Seem this issue is only applied to certain players. What about French what about Bateman, Tomkins, field, all has some very long term injuries but I guess they weren't signed from leigh so leople gave them a bit more leeway.
I remember chatting to Josie when Tomkkns returned there's no way if it where me in charge I'd have sanctioned the signing,Field got injured here as did French so not really sure you argument holds sway,you'd have thought with the farce of Burgess the club would have learnt their lesson but sadly it seems not.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

A point that seems to have been missed: doesn't it depend on the details of the contract he's been given?
Suppose there's an opt-out clause in Wigan's favour if he doesn't recover?
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

morley pie eater wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:12 pm A point that seems to have been missed: doesn't it depend on the details of the contract he's been given?
Certainly hope this is rhe case Morley,the spectre of Burgess should loom.large over any club taking a chance on injured players
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:31 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:12 pm A point that seems to have been missed: doesn't it depend on the details of the contract he's been given?
Certainly hope this is rhe case Morley,the spectre of Burgess should loom.large over any club taking a chance on injured players
Fozzi, do you remember Doug Laughton? He was finished when he got injured at Widnes, Wigan nursed him back to health and he turned out to be one of the best loose forwards of his era.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

He's on a one year contract, with a further two year option in the clubs favour, so it's very low risk to Wigan and totally up to Hampshire. If he performs he can be offered the extention. He's still only twenty-eight so I don't see a major problem at all.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Indeed, no problem at all. Some folk will always find something to complain about, though.