Wigan squad for Barrow

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Wigan squad for Barrow

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:10 pm
medlocke wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:07 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:00 pm

I said exactly the same, I know it was a home game for Barrow but they went to all their fans & some stopped talking to individual fans which was nice to see.

I spoke to the team coach driver who I know before & after the game, got acknowledged by Kris Radlinski as he drove past, Matt Peet pulled up at the side of me for a chat with Lockers & Tommy in the back 😊🏉🍒⚪️❤️
Who was in the Front with him?
😂 Lockers was in the passenger seat Tommy in the back 😊
How come they weren't on the club bus?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:26 pm
How the bloody hell do I know?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

They was striking a deal with Lewis tierney while all this was going on in the background
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:06 pm

How the bloody hell do I know?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

My reading of the squad situation after the past two games is that we have some excellent youngster coming through, some of which could play important support roles when required during the season. Forber may even be in a position to push O'Neill for a place in the 17. However, Nsemba, although talented isn't going to be ready to become a regular in the 17 this season if we have a couple of injries. We know what Shorrocks can fill the odd gap but we need to see him step up if he is to play regularly. Hopefully there won't be any injuries against Salford but even then I still think we look a bit thin in the backrow. It looks like we will need to use the Bateman cap space to strengthen the squad and I hope that a suitable player becomes available during the season. If we can make a suitable signing (which may involve offloading MIski) I think we'll get very close to winning the GF.
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

From those 2 friendlies Nsemba hasn’t had the best games, some talent though. My pick has been harvie hill, looks a big unit who always makes good yards after contact. Mago could learn a thing or 2 from him, a player who’s been playing at NRL level should not be pushed back meters by a couple of bricklayers from millom. Him and Ellis a lot to do this season to convince me they are worth keeping.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Only just got chance to watch the full game. I think forber has stood out the most over both games. Zak at centre looks like a proper centre as well with a good step, we don’t produce many of them