Wigan squad for Barrow

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
lucky 13

Re: Wigan squad for Barrow

Post by lucky 13 »

Good hit out again. Forber looks a real prospect at 9 solid in D smart sharp distribution and a real running game which we have not had for some time.
Mago looks several levels fitter than last year still the odd that offload but generally more no nonsense and solid good to see. Hill was similar nothing fancy just makes the rock hard graft stuff up the middle look easy. Miski solid as usual and can finish a try not many better back ups in SL. Didn't see loads of highlight stuff from Ellis or O'niel or anyone else in a tough first half. Second half against an increasing wind it was tough going but these games show the young lads the levels they need to step up to several look comfortable already..
I imagine Forber Hill Astley Eccersley Douglas will get first hit outs of the younger lads on show when needed I can't see Forber not putting serious pressure on being around that first team sooner rather than later would make a huge difference to our threat ball in hand.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

PJC wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:13 pm Is Kieran Tyrer any relation to our Colin ?…..,..grandson?
It's his grandson.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

lucky 13 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:15 pm Good hit out again. Forber looks a real prospect at 9 solid in D smart sharp distribution and a real running game which we have not had for some time.
Mago looks several levels fitter than last year still the odd that offload but generally more no nonsense and solid good to see. Hill was similar nothing fancy just makes the rock hard graft stuff up the middle look easy. Miski solid as usual and can finish a try not many better back ups in SL. Didn't see loads of highlight stuff from Ellis or O'niel or anyone else in a tough first half. Second half against an increasing wind it was tough going but these games show the young lads the levels they need to step up to several look comfortable already..
I imagine Forber Hill Astley Eccersley Douglas will get first hit outs of the younger lads on show when needed I can't see Forber not putting serious pressure on being around that first team sooner rather than later would make a huge difference to our threat ball in hand.
I think Forber is if he continues as he is doing a much better prospect at 9 than Brad O'Neil but we shall see.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

moto748 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:44 pm Has Mago lost weight? He looks a bit more slim-line to me.
Definitely lost weight. Impressed today
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

I’ve seen worse games, suppose results don’t mean much in these pre season games. Thought Hill looked good again, forber outplayed O’Neil. Wasn’t that impressed with any first team that played to be honest, miski has a strong carry but is slow and weak in defence, shorrocks is the same as always, plenty effort not much else, mago some strong carry’s but a player of his calibre should be doing more, Ellis long minutes but not massive yards made, O’Neil, didn’t see much of, game improved when Forber came on. Some good young talent coming through though and you can’t take too much from that game. In regards to Barrow, Spoons pub is decent but team straight down the tunnel after the game and not bothering clapping the travelling fans rather a poor do. Not a bad trip but I’d say a Wigan tv job a better option next time round. Up the cherry and white.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:44 pm Has Mago lost weight? He looks a bit more slim-line to me.
We said the same.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:36 am Went up to Whitehaven last week, the temperature there was 7 degrees higher than in Wigan!

Hope Barrow is even better & hopefully drier than the last time we played there. It was torrential rain for the full game!
It was bloody freezing at Barrow, even though the temp read 8 it was more like zero wth that wind.

I went recovering from a cold & even though I was wrapped up I was freezing coughing & sneezing all through the game & on the way home 🤧

Think I’m either getting too old to go standing for a few hours in the cold or I’ve got soft being used to being sat down wrapped up 😢
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

w.thomas wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:15 pm I’ve seen worse games, suppose results don’t mean much in these pre season games. Thought Hill looked good again, forber outplayed O’Neil. Wasn’t that impressed with any first team that played to be honest, miski has a strong carry but is slow and weak in defence, shorrocks is the same as always, plenty effort not much else, mago some strong carry’s but a player of his calibre should be doing more, Ellis long minutes but not massive yards made, O’Neil, didn’t see much of, game improved when Forber came on. Some good young talent coming through though and you can’t take too much from that game. In regards to Barrow, Spoons pub is decent but team straight down the tunnel after the game and not bothering clapping the travelling fans rather a poor do. Not a bad trip but I’d say a Wigan tv job a better option next time round. Up the cherry and white.
I said exactly the same, I know it was a home game for Barrow but they went to all their fans & some stopped talking to individual fans which was nice to see.

I spoke to the team coach driver who I know before & after the game, got acknowledged by Kris Radlinski as he drove past, Matt Peet pulled up at the side of me for a chat with Lockers & Tommy in the back 😊🏉🍒⚪️❤️
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:00 pm
w.thomas wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:15 pm I’ve seen worse games, suppose results don’t mean much in these pre season games. Thought Hill looked good again, forber outplayed O’Neil. Wasn’t that impressed with any first team that played to be honest, miski has a strong carry but is slow and weak in defence, shorrocks is the same as always, plenty effort not much else, mago some strong carry’s but a player of his calibre should be doing more, Ellis long minutes but not massive yards made, O’Neil, didn’t see much of, game improved when Forber came on. Some good young talent coming through though and you can’t take too much from that game. In regards to Barrow, Spoons pub is decent but team straight down the tunnel after the game and not bothering clapping the travelling fans rather a poor do. Not a bad trip but I’d say a Wigan tv job a better option next time round. Up the cherry and white.
I said exactly the same, I know it was a home game for Barrow but they went to all their fans & some stopped talking to individual fans which was nice to see.

I spoke to the team coach driver who I know before & after the game, got acknowledged by Kris Radlinski as he drove past, Matt Peet pulled up at the side of me for a chat with Lockers & Tommy in the back 😊🏉🍒⚪️❤️
Who was in the Front with him?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:07 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:00 pm

Who was in the Front with him?
😂 Lockers was in the passenger seat Tommy in the back 😊