Radlinski becomes CEO

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Radlinski becomes CEO

Post by josie andrews »

Kris Radlinski steps up to become Chief Executive of Wigan Warriors

Wigan Warriors are delighted to announce the appointment of Kris Radlinski as Chief Executive with effect from 1st January 2023, following his highly successful 9 years as Executive Director.

The former Wigan fullback was instrumental in steering the club through one of the Club’s most difficult times during the COVID-19 pandemic and was heavily involved in the plan for a successful strategic regeneration of the Club afterwards.

The 46-year-old championed Matt Peet for the role of Head Coach for the start of the 2022 Season and continues to be a driving force in the development of Robin Park and the re-engagement and increased interaction with Wigan supporters.

Kris Radlinski said: “I have probably been doing many aspects of the role for the last two years but for my appointment to be made official in this way is a great honour. Ian Lenagan has invested so much time, faith and trust in me for well over a decade and I will be eternally grateful for his mentorship.

“In addition, it is important that I mention a few people: Michael Maguire, Shaun Wane, Simon Lenagan, Adrian Lenagan, Professor Chris Brooks, Geoff Warburton, David Moore, Wayne Joyce and, more recently, Matt Peet have all invested knowledge and challenged me to be better.

“Mary Sharkey, Carol Madden, Stewart Frodsham and Mandy Johnston are also key people who have kept me on track.

“To the players and staff and the team behind-the-team who keep the Club running, I say thank you for your support. Similarly, all the owners and Chief Executives around Super League and the RFL Governing Body have all played very important roles in my personal development.”

He added: “I am fully aware of the responsibility bestowed upon me to represent the people of this town and will continue to work hard for this Rugby Club and the game of Rugby League as we enter a critical decade.”

Chairman, Ian Lenagan, commented: “I remember putting on a shirt and tie to do a video call with Kris on the eve of the 2014 Grand Final to tell him that I was inviting him on to the Wigan Board of Directors. The weekend did not go to plan as we lost the Grand Final to St. Helens and the game was overshadowed by the Ben Flower incident.

“In his self-effacing style, Kris told nobody about him becoming a Wigan Director. It was only at the end-of-season dinner when I announced his appointment that people actually became aware.

“I take great pride in Kris’s business and personal development and it has been a tremendous privilege of my ownership to work alongside him for 15 years. We have also become great friends along the way.

All the stakeholders within the Club and the sport of Rugby League will concur that his formal appointment now as Chief Executive is a strong and correct decision.”

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/01/ ... comes-ceo/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Radlinski becomes CEO

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Not really sure what difference this makes?

Also interesting he mentions all former coaches barring lam
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Expect the return of more former players
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Maybe it was the description of the "new" badge as having a "Wiganers eyes" that landed him the job...........

Clearly CEO material.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I wonder if Waney will fill the role of Rugby General Manager?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:46 pm Not really sure what difference this makes?

Also interesting he mentions all former coaches barring lam
I noticed that one about Lam too
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:46 pm Not really sure what difference this makes?
Me either. I presume he will carry on doing the same actual job.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

medlocke wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:53 pm Expect the return of more former players
With the signing of Hampshire can you give me Saturday’s lottery numbers?

Josie, didn’t you persuade IL to give Rads a job when he was unemployed after he hung up his boots? I am sure you have mentioned this before. If you did you have a lot to answer for ;)
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:10 pm
medlocke wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:53 pm Expect the return of more former players
With the signing of Hampshire can you give me Saturday’s lottery numbers?

Josie, didn’t you persuade IL to give Rads a job when he was unemployed after he hung up his boots? I am sure you have mentioned this before. If you did you have a lot to answer for ;)
😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan