Ian Lenagan maps out Wigan Warriors’ future ownership landscape after admission

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Ian Lenagan maps out Wigan Warriors’ future ownership landscape after admission

Post by Charriots Offiah »

archiekeith wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:42 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:20 pm
medlocke wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:08 pm
Now if you had said it was because we have lost too many quality players. then I would have agreed, where players are born has nothing to do with success
Ok Meds. If you want to be pedantic, too many quality academy players have been allowed to leave.
There's nothing pedantic about what Med's points out, he's simply saying what he would have agreed with and that where someone was born is irrelevant which you acknowledge subsequently but qualifying that in saying he's being pedantic. Come on mate he's just expressing a fact
Mate, Meds knew what I meant. I didn’t agree, I qualified my point.
archiekeith

Re: Ian Lenagan maps out Wigan Warriors’ future ownership landscape after admission

Post by archiekeith »

Yes you did by agreeing with him Mate😇
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Either you or me doesn't understand English. No further comment by me
Charriots Offiah

archiekeith wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:41 pm Either you or me doesn't understand English. No further comment by me
Ok. My point still remains, we have let too many homegrown(academy) players leave to be a dominant force. That process continued last season.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:39 pm
archiekeith wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:41 pm Either you or me doesn't understand English. No further comment by me
Ok. My point still remains, we have let too many homegrown(academy) players leave to be a dominant force. That process continued last season.
So are you saying that we would have been more successful if we had filled the team with Wigan born youngsters?
Charriots Offiah

medlocke wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:59 pm
So are you saying that we would have been more successful if we had filled the team with Wigan born youngsters?
No.
Superb Chops

Post by Superb Chops »

archiekeith wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:19 pm PS. Why do you describe the"industry vicious ) and takes no prisoners Is that a admission that the comment never let the truth get in the way or a good story has legs ?seems to My advice to a possible recruit to journalism is get a proper non vicious job
Your two-post reply suggests you have a firm grip of a pen - is that right Archie?

Your punctuation, however, suggests no-one is likely to seek your advice on journalism. Except, perhaps, for entertainment.

And these replies have raised a smile. So, thank you Archie.

Apologies to site folk for the diversion. For what little it’s worth, I think Ian Lenegan has been - and is - good for the club and may well have already formulated sound plans for when he steps down.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Who are you referring to specifically?

Nicholson and Halsall spring to my mind but apart from that cannot remember being disappointed with any other departures.

It was only a few years ago under Lam people were complaining we brought too many through at the same time and created an imbalance.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

No worries : :D
PJC

Post by PJC »

I ‘ve just read the “home grown players “ comment. I suspect it covers those nurtured through the academy wherever born.
It would be nice to see a Wigan team made up of lads who were born in the town/borough representing the town.
That’s not to say that I don’t appreciate, admire those that have come from elsewhere.