Ian Lenagan maps out Wigan Warriors’ future ownership landscape after admission

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dreamteam

Re: Ian Lenagan maps out Wigan Warriors’ future ownership landscape after admission

Post by Dreamteam »

Mike wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:43 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:36 pm
medlocke wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:42 pm
Nothing to do with homegrown players
Of course it is.
We get them all back though, so how does this affect us again? I thought you didn't like the "jobs for the boys" retention policy?
Don’t think you understand the term job for the boys. Bringing in Sam Powell to the coaching staff when he retires is job for the boys. Bringing back Sam Tomkins isn’t. Even then he’s clearly on about the players we’ve lost to rivals that would walk into our 17 now
Caboosegg

Re: Ian Lenagan maps out Wigan Warriors’ future ownership landscape after admission

Post by Caboosegg »

Dreamteam wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:30 pm

Of course it is.
We get them all back though, so how does this affect us again? I thought you didn't like the "jobs for the boys" retention policy?
Don’t think you understand the term job for the boys. Bringing in Sam Powell to the coaching staff when he retires is job for the boys. Bringing back Sam Tomkins isn’t. Even then he’s clearly on about the players we’ve lost to rivals that would walk into our 17 now
So in short opinion on the player is what decided if its job for boys or not or in other words it's a bunch of horse kak.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:37 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:30 pm

So in short opinion on the player is what decided if its job for boys or not or in other words it's a bunch of horse kak.
Well no. Bringing back Sam Tomkins when he had a good first year at the warriors and would walk into any team in the league is a bit different to offering Sam Powell a job at the club because he’s liked 😂😂
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:51 pm

The other reason that we have not had a period of dominance is because we have lost too many quality homegrown players.
Of course it is.
Now if you had said it was because we have lost too many quality players. then I would have agreed, where players are born has nothing to do with success
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

medlocke wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:08 pm
Of course it is.
Now if you had said it was because we have lost too many quality players. then I would have agreed, where players are born has nothing to do with success
Dang right meds.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Superb Chops wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:05 pm
archiekeith wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:44 pm I'm sure your right Josie Press reporters are lazy when making reports on most things.
Reporters are many things but seldom lazy. This vicious industry doesn't carry passengers.

Besides, if reporters are so bad why does this site cut+paste so much editorial?

Maybe the item is merely click-bait and, here, successful in the aim of reads - if not clicks and associated revenue.
No the so called "vicious industry" is lazy relative to use of appropriate use of accuate honest reporting but that's fine isn't it ?news papers! Only fit for the nail in the long gone nail in the bog! Since toilet roll is cheap these days newspaper sales have continued to plummet :lol:
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

PS. Why do you describe the"industry vicious ) and takes no prisoners Is that a admission that the comment never let the truth get in the way or a good story has legs ?seems to My advice to a possible recruit to journalism is get a proper non vicious job
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

archiekeith wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:19 pm PS. Why do you describe the"industry vicious ) and takes no prisoners Is that a admission that the comment never let the truth get in the way or a good story has legs ?seems to My advice to a possible recruit to journalism is get a proper non vicious job
Its all about clicks. No clicks, no revenue, no job. This encourages click bait headlines, and even worse sometimes blatant untruths (although I don't think Serious About RL goes that far yet!).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Of course it is.
Ok Meds. If you want to be pedantic, too many quality academy players have been allowed to leave.
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:20 pm

Of course it is.
Ok Meds. If you want to be pedantic, too many quality academy players have been allowed to leave.
There's nothing pedantic about what Med's points out, he's simply saying what he would have agreed with and that where someone was born is irrelevant which you acknowledge subsequently but qualifying that in saying he's being pedantic. Come on mate he's just expressing a fact