Warriors support Chris Taylor testimonial

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Warriors support Chris Taylor testimonial

Post by josie andrews »

Former Wigan Academy product, Chris Taylor is currently celebrating his testimonial year with Whitehaven.
Taylor was on the scoresheet as the two sides met on Sunday afternoon.
Support Chris Taylor with our auction HERE.
Former Wigan Warriors Academy product, Chris Taylor is currently celebrating his testimonial season with Whitehaven and the Warriors are pleased to offer their support as a Club.

A Wigan Warriors junior, Taylor came through the Wigan system, making his debut at U16 level in April 2010. He also went on to represent Wigan at both U18 and U20s level before heading to Whitehaven in 2014, despite a spell at Halifax he has spent the majority of his career with Whitehaven and was granted a testimonial year for 2023.

Following the meeting between Whitehaven and Wigan on Sunday afternoon, in which Chris scored for the hosts, he was invited down to Robin Park Arena on Tuesday afternoon by Matt Peet to meet with players and staff and spend the day at Robin Park Arena.

Speaking on his visit to Robin Park Arena, Taylor said: “Matt (Peet) rang me after the game on Sunday and just asked if I’d like to come down and spend the day here, be around the boys and see what goes on. I’ve really enjoyed it, I had some breakfast and did a gym session with the lads and then I’ve watched their field session this afternoon, seeing what goes on and it’s impressive. The set up they’ve got here is top notch so It’s been good to experience.”

Speaking on his testimonial, he added: “I’m really grateful for the opportunity to still be playing and to be given my testimonial at Whitehaven after 10-years. I’ve really enjoyed my time playing there and everyone has gotten behind me – especially the fans which I’m always grateful for. Sean (O’loughlin), Tommy (Leuluai) and Matt (Peet) helped me open my testimonial launch at the weekend and I’ve got a 12-month testimonial now so if the fans can get behind me like they usually do, it can be a good year for me.”

Wigan Warriors have decided to add some additional support to Chris in his testimonial year, which will kick off with an auction with all proceeds being donated to Chris Taylor’s testimonial fund and prizes include:

Bevan French signed jersey – presented by Bevan (if prize winner is local)
Jai Field signed jersey – presented by Jai (if prize winner is local)
Coaching seminar for 10 people with Matt Peet at Robin Park Arena, including video review and practical training
Dinner for two with Sean O’Loughlin and Tommy Leuluai
A place in the boardroom with Kris Radlinski for two people at the Round 4 Super League game v Catalans Dragons

After hearing the news of the auction, Taylor said: “I know Kris (Radlinski) from my time at Wigan previously and he’s a good bloke. I had a chat with him today and he was saying that the Club can get behind me, if there’s anything that they can do to support me through auctions, dinners or different things then they’ll try their best to support me.

“It’s been quite a few years since I spent some time at the Club so it just shows that they really do support the lads who have been here in the past, so I’m really grateful to Kris and the Wigan Club as a whole for getting behind me.”

Find out more about all of Chris Taylor’s testimonial events HERE.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chris-T ... nFKfU&_rdr

Please note

Please note that the auction for all five prizes started at 8:30am on Sunday 29th January and ends at 6pm on Friday 10th February.

All bidders must be signed into their Wigan Warriors retail account to bid. You will be notified by email if you are the winning bidder. The winning bidder has two days to pay; if it is not paid then the prize will be offered to the next highest bidder. UK postage is available for physical items, but this can be arranged separately at the bidder’s cost.

Please take the time to read our full Terms and Conditions HERE. https://store.wiganwarriors.com/page/auction

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/01/ ... stimonial/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan