Warriors raise 25K for CRUK

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Warriors raise 25K for CRUK

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors are delighted to announce that over £25,000 was raised in partnership with Cancer Research UK in 2022.

Wigan Warriors revealed on Cancer Awareness day in 2022 that our Charity partner for the season would be Cancer Research UK.

In partnership, the Club released a pink alternate shirt with £5 from each sale being donated, as well as a Wigan Warriors X CRUK Charity pin badge. Other fundraising efforts included a Charity auction and numerous bucket collections throughout the year at our Betfred Super League games.

Through the fantastic efforts of our supporters, we are pleased to report that we raise a total of £25,310.37 for Cancer Research UK.

Chief Executive, Kris Radlinski, said: “As a Club, we are extremely proud to have raised such a fantastic amount of money for Cancer Research UK. The 2022 pink jersey was one of my most favourite ever Wigan jerseys and it will forever evoke great memories for the year. £25,000 won’t beat cancer but I know that the money will be used to fund vital research programmes.”

Rachael Hodgkinson, CRUK Relationship manager said: “On behalf of Cancer Research UK, I would like to thank everyone at Wigan Warriors and all of their wonderful fans for supporting Cancer Research UK, raising an amazing £25,310.37 to go towards our life saving research.

“It has been a pleasure to work with Wigan Warriors during the partnership and to see their fundraising ideas come to life through the special charity kit, badges, money can’t buy auction and much more! Thank you all – This is beating cancer!’’

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/02/ ... -for-cruk/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan