Wigan squad for Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Wigan squad for Salford

Post by medlocke »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:28 pm There is a malicious rumour circling Millom that Meds has bought a ticket and shirt for Sunday’s game.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Big stick wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:04 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:44 am It’s a shame that Byrne can’t play, as Peet has some intriguing choices to make at prop. Beyond thinking that Cooper and Havard would be in any combination of 4, I think a case to be made in favour of against all the other candidates.
I hope if Mago can step up we can shift Ellis to cover 13 and prop. I’ve heard he’s played there for the dragons. Would be handy to have
He played there a lot for us last year…
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:20 pm
Big stick wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:04 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:44 am It’s a shame that Byrne can’t play, as Peet has some intriguing choices to make at prop. Beyond thinking that Cooper and Havard would be in any combination of 4, I think a case to be made in favour of against all the other candidates.
I hope if Mago can step up we can shift Ellis to cover 13 and prop. I’ve heard he’s played there for the dragons. Would be handy to have
He played there a lot for us last year…
Well needs buck his ideas up then haha
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

medlocke wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:08 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:28 pm There is a malicious rumour circling Millom that Meds has bought a ticket and shirt for Sunday’s game.
I forgot to add, with a number 9 and Powell on the back. :o
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:37 pm
medlocke wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:08 pm
I forgot to add, with a number 9 and Powell on the back. :o
I'll have to stop wearing my 2012 Lockers shirt
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors: Anthony Gelling shares his support for Sam Powell's testimonial game with tongue in cheek video

Former Wigan Warriors centre Anthony Gelling has taken to social media to share his support for Sam Powell’s testimonial game.

The fixture against Salford Red Devils takes place at the DW Stadium on Sunday afternoon (K.O. 3pm), to celebrate the hooker’s 10 years of service to rugby league.

Gelling has posted a video on Instagram to promote the upcoming occasion, which starts with him receiving a phone call from his ex-teammate.

He answers: "Sam Powell, how are you mate? Long time, no chat. I see it’s your testimonial this weekend. Some bloody good memories.

"Do you remember that try you scored against Hull to put us through to the GF. Bloody good times.

"You want me to play in your testimonial, I would love to.

"It’s a little bit last minute, but I would love to, it would be awesome.

“There’s a flight here for three-and-a half-grand, are you sweet to pay that? Hello, hello.”

The tongue in cheek video ends with the call being cut off, and Gelling looking confused.

On the post, he wrote: “This Sunday. DW Stadium. Sam Powell’s testimonial. Let’s get in for this legend.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoPUpnYBJ3y ... _copy_link

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... eo-4014347
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan