Wigan v Salford friendly

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Welski

Wigan v Salford friendly

Post by Welski »

Lovely first try
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Welski

Re: Wigan v Salford friendly

Post by Welski »

Some very dodgy barnets.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Liking the look of the new centres
tomyogi

Post by tomyogi »

not sure about king keeps jumping the line and missing tackles
:P :) :D ;) :o
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

King excellent with the ball so far but needs to relax in defence. Really impressed with Cust as well. Defence looks rusty but that’s to be expected. I’m sure we’ll score plenty of points and eye catching try’s again.

On the negative side, that was a woeful spell by Mago and that has been a big drop off around that middle since the starting props went off.
tomyogi

Post by tomyogi »

yes mago made mistakes which i think helped with salford getting confidence not sure if it was the bench players fault though as salford are a good team that causes us trouble
:P :) :D ;) :o
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

tomyogi wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:56 pm yes mago made mistakes which i think helped with salford getting confidence not sure if it was the bench players fault though as salford are a good team that causes us trouble
That’s true. I’ve been impressed with Salford, even given the scoreline. Lafai is a fabulous player. They scare me more than most teams when they have the ball.

Mago needs to start getting in to his spell before opening up IMO. A couple of steady drives and then work from there. It’s very loose sometimes.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

All round strong first half performance with some solid work and a bit of skill thrown in. Some things to work on defensively and a drop off with substitutions. King has taken the ball in well, Wardle safe in defence.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

A lot of positives, just Mago's discipline and King's timing were off at times - mostly positives from everyone.
Smith looked good and tackled well, Cust was creative.
Last edited by widdenoldboy on Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

We can’t be anything but happy. Only knock looked to be to Shorrocks and good minutes for most of the players. I don’t see how we don’t score rafts of points if Field and French stay fit and the new centres will only add to the threat. I was happy to see Mago have a better start to that second half and I thought Ellis was good after the break as well. It was a very small sample size but I’d love to see Forber get some minutes this season. He was very dangerous from dummy half and would bring a nice balance alongside Powell or O’Neill.