Match Preview: Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Suzieb

Re: Match Preview: Hull KR

Post by Suzieb »

Even the commentators stated that the hull kr left edge had a combined age of 104 shocking
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Let's not kid ourselves the fowards are not good enough they get dominated on a regular basis.which leads us to struggle
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

Overseas players should always be in your 17 if you have recruited right. And that’s the big problem we have wasted the salary cap with second rate players. Too late for this season as anyone any good already signed up. Our forward pack needs a major overhaul, Isa, Singleton, Ellis, Cooper, Mago, and Powell all need to be replaced. Also KPP is leaving and Farrell not getting any younger.

Can KR deliver based on previous years I’m not convinced he is the man for the job. Mind you there are at least 8 ex Wigan forwards still playing Super League who we can bring back. A few teams have realised the need to strengthen their packs if they are going to compete ours wasn’t the best last year and this year it’s weaker because we’ve lost Bateman.

If Field and French have many more off days like yesterday it’s going to be a long season. Because they are our attack and no doubt teams will be looking to shut them down this season. Peet said at the beginning of the season he was happy with the squad. I hope he’s right because I don’t want a season like Wire just had. I know it’s early days but if we don’t beat Wakefield on Friday pressure will be on.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Ollie partington played 13 for Salford at Leigh and in my opinion looked a far better prospect and ball player than Smithies another one who will come back to bite us also young Forber in my opinion is far better than both Powell and Oneil but we pack him off to Whitehaven he will get demoralised and want to leave who is making the decisions for is yesterday sometimes we had Cust at acting half sometimes Smith and sometimesField shocking
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Graham1 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:37 am Overseas players should always be in your 17 if you have recruited right. And that’s the big problem we have wasted the salary cap with second rate players. Too late for this season as anyone any good already signed up. Our forward pack needs a major overhaul, Isa, Singleton, Ellis, Cooper, Mago, and Powell all need to be replaced. Also KPP is leaving and Farrell not getting any younger.

Can KR deliver based on previous years I’m not convinced he is the man for the job. Mind you there are at least 8 ex Wigan forwards still playing Super League who we can bring back. A few teams have realised the need to strengthen their packs if they are going to compete ours wasn’t the best last year and this year it’s weaker because we’ve lost Bateman.

If Field and French have many more off days like yesterday it’s going to be a long season. Because they are our attack and no doubt teams will be looking to shut them down this season. Peet said at the beginning of the season he was happy with the squad. I hope he’s right because I don’t want a season like Wire just had. I know it’s early days but if we don’t beat Wakefield on Friday pressure will be on.
Surprised Byrne never gets mentioned. I’m not a fan of him, he’s sluggish and too slow for me.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

It just looked like Cust Smith Field were going to acting half to get out of the way
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:43 am The better team won. There are some simple fixes. Better line speed in defence, I can’t for the life of me why we don’t try and incorporate the Saints model into our game. Secondly, run harder. Our forwards were poor today, they have got to do the grunt and get our backs into good areas on the field. Thirdly, Field has got to be more vocal at fullback, we were outnumbered consistently on our right flank. Fourthly, cut out the errors particularly in our own half. Fourthly, get numbers into the tackle and slow the play the ball down. Finally, improve our kicking game.

In other words get the basics right and we will be fine.
Made me laugh this post not because of the first three reasons ( which I agree with) but then went on say fourthly twice and finished off by saying get the basics right. Not having a pop at CO btw.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I though the worst part of yesterday was going to be the 30 mph speed limit over Goole bridge until the second half display. We didn’t see the ball for 15 mins and when we did we had drives from the centres and wingers and a kick. Ŵe just never got field position. KPP looked like it was his first season and why King hasn’t played in all the friendlies I don’t know.

Not an easy fix, just glad we’ve got Wakey at home on Friday and not Wire.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Barney841 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:04 am
Graham1 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:37 am Overseas players should always be in your 17 if you have recruited right. And that’s the big problem we have wasted the salary cap with second rate players. Too late for this season as anyone any good already signed up. Our forward pack needs a major overhaul, Isa, Singleton, Ellis, Cooper, Mago, and Powell all need to be replaced. Also KPP is leaving and Farrell not getting any younger.

Surprised Byrne never gets mentioned. I’m not a fan of him, he’s sluggish and too slow for me.
Me neither barney…… i dont get the hype at all
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Scratchy first half and then very poor 2nd half, I can't add anything more to what has already been posted but I think the points have been reasoned and not OTT at all. Worringly a lot of these comments were made last season.