Atoms aim high with Warriors Foundation

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Atoms aim high with Warriors Foundation

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors Community Foundation are pleased to support Community Club Ambassador side Heysham Atoms in their development in the game.

The Atoms are excelling in all areas of development having recently developed a Women’s open age team that have started to play competitive fixtures, which falls alongside local school delivery from Wigan Warriors Community Foundation who are supporting the Atoms with developing a pathway for girls playing opportunities at the Heysham Atoms.

Aidrian Turner, Heysham Atoms Head Coach said: “Heysham Atoms Ladies would like to thank Wigan Warriors Community Foundation for their excellent hospitality on Thursday night. Our ladies were invited down to train with a number of the Wigan Warriors Women’s and Men’s first team players and the experience will be huge for our ladies moving forward.

“We hope we can keep this level of interaction between the Clubs so it can be beneficial to all parties involved.”

Jadine McVernon, Heysham Atoms Ladies captain added: “It was a great experience and I definitely speak on behalf of myself and all the team! I know all our ladies enjoyed training with a few of the members from Wigan Warriors Women’s team, especially being in such a professional environment.

“It was great to have a look round, see the gym and where the team were all together doing a workout. Personally it made me think ‘Wow – this could be us one day.’ It’s great to see Wigan taking such an interest in our club, this experience will definitely benefit us as a team! Overall it was a great evening for all the Heysham Atoms ladies.”

John Whalley, Community Foundation Rugby League Development Manager: “It was great to welcome Heysham Atoms newly formed Ladies team to Robin Park Arena, we delivered a small sided skills rugby session as well as a group experience tour of our facilities as part of our Club Ambassadors Programme. Wigan Warriors Community Foundation look forward to working with Heysham to develop the Women and Girl’s pathway going forward.”

If your team or Club would like to have a similar game-day experience please contact Wigan Warriors Community Foundation on Grouptickets@wiganwarriors.com.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/03/ ... oundation/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan