Tonight's Match

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Brennox7

Re: Tonight's Match

Post by Brennox7 »

Understand what you’re saying. But not every player 1-17 is going to break the line and skin the fullback. You need players who do the stuff no one mentions also. Having said that, I also stated in this post that I would like Powell to run more from DH. Wind your neck in
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Barney841 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:45 pm
Brennox7 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:44 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:09 am

I have to say he did do a couple of runs from dummy half instead of passing as soon as he got the ball.
First for a while though. I like Powell to be fair. Decent hard worker and can’t knock his commitment to the club. Would just love if he ran abit more when we need someone too. Some hookers have really good assist numbers due to scooting and props scoring under the posts from flat passes
This is what’s wrong with some supporters of this club, accepting that working hard and he’s committed as good enough.
You have that standard at a club forget about being a top side and challenging for trophies every season
And you showing what's wrong with others. Can't have a superstar in every position, and we have been challenging every season with the so-called golden boy at 9.

I wish people would stop pretending they know better that the club and coaches and just say they don't like the style of player wigan use at 9 and want different.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:52 pm
First for a while though. I like Powell to be fair. Decent hard worker and can’t knock his commitment to the club. Would just love if he ran abit more when we need someone too. Some hookers have really good assist numbers due to scooting and props scoring under the posts from flat passes
This is what’s wrong with some supporters of this club, accepting that working hard and he’s committed as good enough.
You have that standard at a club forget about being a top side and challenging for trophies every season
And you showing what's wrong with others. Can't have a superstar in every position, and we have been challenging every season with the so-called golden boy at 9.
And there you go, you've just admitted Powell is not good enough
Challenging is NOT good enough, We are Wigan we should be Winning
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I wish people would stop pretending they know better that the club and coaches and just say they don't like the style of player wigan use at 9 and want different.
It would be pretty to naive to assume the club gets everything 100% right or that coaches know everything

It’s clear to everyone - literally everyone - Powell is not a top player. I remember the “coaches know best” argument for Powell when wane was here yet he picked 5 English hookers ahead of him including mickey Mac when he had more options

Also this “not having a superstar in every position” is the weakest argument in Powells defence because yes obviously you can’t but you want to know where you should have your better players? Well how about starting with the player who touches the ball more than anyone else and everything you do in attack stems from?

You look at even the comments from Wigan none of them ever say he’s a good player or stuff he does on the pitch is good it’s always “good character” “trains hard” “good ethic”

He’s slow to painful levels he’s limited in skill set and is a complete burden on the teams attack
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Re Powell to a degree your all right he's solid a great clubman and so on. He's also not the best or worse imagine maybe only Roby as a 9 is running around with more medals.
For me we have missed a trick with having no threat from 9 though it also may to a degree allowed us to see better players in other positions.
Ultimately he's in the same class as Isa love the guys but neither would make it near any team if we had better options some may say we should have done so some say we should leave it to the coaches and I can see both sides.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

You’re absolutely right you can’t have a superstar in every position especially in. Salary capped sport.
But come on! I think Mikey Lewis has more to him than Powell and he’s still raw
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I wish isa had size…… he would be something special i reckon
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:50 pm I wish isa had size…… he would be something special i reckon
Is that a serious post?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
mickali1

Post by mickali1 »

I wish isa had size…… he would be something special i reckon
I agree. He has good hands, a decent bit of speed, tackles well, stamina, the heart of a lion and a determination to win. Imo he has been one of the best £ for £ (value for money) signings we have made.
Last edited by mickali1 on Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:18 am
Firestarter wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:50 pm I wish isa had size…… he would be something special i reckon
Is that a serious post?
Yes why wouldnt it be?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE