Tonight's Match

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
craigo

Re: Tonight's Match

Post by craigo »

Huddersfield should be getting much bigger crowds for many different reasons. That number includes our supporters,obviously. Not a dig. Just saying.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Listened to Joe Mills & Bilko and watched the highlights so haven't got a real view but it feels like it's a match to just forget about.
Need to have less penalties against Salford, though and I don't imagine many on here will be wishing we had Jake Bibby back.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Ian Watson reckoned it was a high-quality match. I beg to differ.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

moto748 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:49 pm Ian Watson reckoned it was a high-quality match. I beg to differ.
He’s obviously protecting his own job as he’s brought in quality players and, as of yet, doesnt seem to have improved the team
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Southern Softy wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:33 pm Listened to Joe Mills & Bilko and watched the highlights so haven't got a real view but it feels like it's a match to just forget about.
Need to have less penalties against Salford, though and I don't imagine many on here will be wishing we had Jake Bibby back.
what station are Joe & Bilko on please
jobo

Post by jobo »

medlocke wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:04 pm
Southern Softy wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:33 pm Listened to Joe Mills & Bilko and watched the highlights so haven't got a real view but it feels like it's a match to just forget about.
It's on mixlr (Wigan Warriors chanel)
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

jobo wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:10 pm
medlocke wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:04 pm
It's on mixlr (Wigan Warriors chanel)
Cheers for that jobo
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:09 am
Brennox7 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:42 pm Can’t be doing this all season. We need a 9 who runs and can take some pressure off the forwards when we play early in the year (mid winter). Wigan will fire when the ground firms up we are too fast and our kicking game is decent.

We just don’t have the grogg in the forwards to ground it out, although it’s good to have 2 centres who can run it from the back solid.

One beast at prop who can do more than 10 minutes + a 9 who can run now again as every club has one (Houghton, roby, macca, dwyer, Clark, parcell, ackers) these guys all give relieving 10m runs when the team is gassed.

A running 9 is a big hole in a solid Wigan side.
I have to say he did do a couple of runs from dummy half instead of passing as soon as he got the ball.
First for a while though. I like Powell to be fair. Decent hard worker and can’t knock his commitment to the club. Would just love if he ran abit more when we need someone too. Some hookers have really good assist numbers due to scooting and props scoring under the posts from flat passes
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Brennox7 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:42 pm Can’t be doing this all season. We need a 9 who runs and can take some pressure off the forwards when we play early in the year (mid winter). Wigan will fire when the ground firms up we are too fast and our kicking game is decent.

We just don’t have the grogg in the forwards to ground it out, although it’s good to have 2 centres who can run it from the back solid.

One beast at prop who can do more than 10 minutes + a 9 who can run now again as every club has one (Houghton, roby, macca, dwyer, Clark, parcell, ackers) these guys all give relieving 10m runs when the team is gassed.

I have to say he did do a couple of runs from dummy half instead of passing as soon as he got the ball.
A couple of runs every now and again isn’t enough to make up for the fact he’s basically a bit crap. He’s slow. Does that stupid little dummy no one falls for and can’t pass accurately or quickly to save his life. I am convinced he’s decided what he’s going to do with the ball before he’s picked it up and if he’s decided it’s a pass if a massive gap opens up he’s still going to pass it.

The the last two weeks selections by Peet with KPP on the bench who isn’t breaking any pots himself means the only option to change things about is Cust to 9 which means moving things about in the back line a bit reminiscent of the musical chairs we saw from Wane from time to time. All because we have no hooker on the bench.

If Peet wants four forwards on the bench he needs a better no 9 than Powell.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Brennox7 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:44 pm

First for a while though. I like Powell to be fair. Decent hard worker and can’t knock his commitment to the club. Would just love if he ran abit more when we need someone too. Some hookers have really good assist numbers due to scooting and props scoring under the posts from flat passes
This is what’s wrong with some supporters of this club, accepting that working hard and he’s committed as good enough.
You have that standard at a club forget about being a top side and challenging for trophies every season