Thornley Fit Again

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Thornley Fit Again

Post by medlocke »

Has he done something wrong? :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:44 pm Has he done something wrong? :D
Just for match fitness I would think
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
craigo

Post by craigo »

Barrow should be doing a lot better than they are doing. Although this does not mean anything, I bet you all will have heard of a load of their players. That is aimed at the ones who don't actually follow the championship. It's a good loan deal.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:50 pm
medlocke wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:44 pm Has he done something wrong? :D
Just for match fitness I would think
Surely there was nicer places they could have sent him :D ;) :D
craigo

Post by craigo »

He scored in today's game
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Thornley: Good to go

Iain Thornley spoke to wiganwarriors.com after returning to match action for the first time since June.

Thornley: “I’m good to go now, I can carry on and play full matches so it was good to get the minutes in and get that box ticked.”

The Warriors Centre scored on his loan debut at Barrow Raiders.

Iain Thornley said it was ‘good to get the minutes in’ as he made his return to match action following a 10-month injury lay-off.

The Warriors Centre went out on loan to Championship side Barrow Raiders last week, and made his long-awaited return from injury in a 16-12 victory over Halifax Panthers: “I managed to get 60-minutes out, which is what I’ve been recommended by Wigan being my first game in 10-months since doing my ACL but I’m good to go now, I can carry on and play full matches so it was good to get the minutes in and get that box ticked.”

Reflecting on the injury process, he added: “It’s been a long road. It’s one of those injuries where there’s a bit of clock watching at times, waiting for things to heal. It’s just good to be where I am now, back playing.”

On the game, he said: “We [Barrow] only won 16-12, it was 10-10 at half time so it was a good competitive game of rugby. I really rate the Championship and the rugby that they play, I’ve played there myself before and I think the intensity that they play at is great, especially for someone like myself coming back from injury.”

Thornley also made it a try-scoring return as he grabbed a crucial four-point score in the game: “I didn’t really have to do much, the winger kind of did all the work for me – it was literally a case of putting the ball down but they all count whether it’s a meter or ninety-nine, they’re all the same points.”

Finally, he spoke on his aims going forward: “I could only do 60-minutes in this one, so I’ve got that box ticked. My next game I can do 80-minutes, kick-on and get some form, show what I can do and put my hand up for selection for Matty.”

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/03/ ... ood-to-go/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan