Stadium car parking

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Graham1

Stadium car parking

Post by Graham1 »

Just wondered how easy is it leaving car park 3 or 4 after the match. Thinking about getting a season pass. But if it’s a nightmare will pass.
josie andrews

Re: Stadium car parking

Post by josie andrews »

Graham1 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:51 pm Just wondered how easy is it leaving car park 3 or 4 after the match. Thinking about getting a season pass. But if it’s a nightmare will pass.
Sorry, I can’t comment on that as I’m in the Robin Park car park & go into the the south stand bar after the game, then the fans zone. Traffic has usually calmed down by that time for most games.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Depends on the game I suppose it can take 20/30 mins to clear when it’s busy but getting the unwelcome almost lock in by the stewards kills some time for us
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Graham1 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:51 pm Just wondered how easy is it leaving car park 3 or 4 after the match. Thinking about getting a season pass. But if it’s a nightmare will pass.
I have a pass for car park three and usually Stadium Way becomes a one-way road after the match. As I am heading to the M6 to travel south to get home I will be in the left lane to turn left out of Stadium Way onto Scott Lane and it's quite quick. Not anything like 30 minutes. I am also not heading back into Wigan which on the few occasions I have done this is a nightmare. I am heading to Orrell via Marsh Green to get onto the M6 southbound there and it's much quicker than going through town.

When I used to travel back home via Hindley Green I'd turn right out of Stadium Way and that always took much longer.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:28 pm
I have a pass for car park three and usually Stadium Way becomes a one-way road after the match. As I am heading to the M6 to travel south to get home I will be in the left lane to turn left out of Stadium Way onto Scott Lane and it's quite quick. Not anything like 30 minutes. I am also not heading back into Wigan which on the few occasions I have done this is a nightmare. I am heading to Orrell via Marsh Green to get onto the M6 southbound there and it's much quicker than going through town.

When I used to travel back home via Hindley Green I'd turn right out of Stadium Way and that always took much longer.
Dave when you are on stadium way why don’t you go straight across then turn left at the roundabout your straight onto Spring Road go to the very end turn left at T Junction onto Gathurst Rd go to the lights turn left at lights onto Orrell Rd it takes you straight to the m6 😊 you may find it easier or not I know my friends go that way to to M58 to Liverpool 😊
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Sat Nav came up with turning left out of Stadium Way then right at the mini roundabout ages ago so I do as I am told!

When M6 has been shut due to the bloody smart motor way installation I have had to go to J26 so heading back to towards the town. Not happened often and thankfully not closed southbound tonight though it is northbound on that stretch.
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

Thanks to all who responded. Most helpful. Tried car park 3 tonight and was pleasantly surprised how quickly I got away. Will do it against next home game.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:55 pm Sat Nav came up with turning left out of Stadium Way then right at the mini roundabout ages ago so I do as I am told!

When M6 has been shut due to the bloody smart motor way installation I have had to go to J26 so heading back to towards the town. Not happened often and thankfully not closed southbound tonight though it is northbound on that stretch.
That’s probably because the road at the top of Challenge Way, Walthew House Lane, wasn’t opened because of the heavy lorries going down it, but it’s been opened for a few years now & it’s quicker because of less traffic after games.

I suppose you’re used to the way you go now. Do you always get on at J26?