Forber joins Wakefield on loan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Forber joins Wakefield on loan

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors can confirm that Tom Forber has joined Wakefield Trinity on a two-week loan.

The 19-year old was one of seven players to make their Wigan Warriors debut in the game against Hull KR in August 2022, after consistent performances on loan at Newcastle Thunder last year.

Forber featured in all three of Wigan’s pre-season friendly fixtures, has already featured on loan for Whitehaven this season as well as featuring for the Warriors Reserves.

Transition Coach John Duffy said: “Tom’s first loan experience at Whitehaven earlier in the season served him really well. This is a further opportunity for him to now make the step-up to play in Super League on a weekly basis which will benefit Tom in his first season as a full-time professional.”

Tom Forber is sponsored by Care, Love, Learn Childcare Ltd.

Ramon Silva’s loan at London Broncos has also been extended until the ended of the season with a call-back option for Wigan.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/03/ ... d-on-loan/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Re: Forber joins Wakefield on loan

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Excellent. Hopefully, Tom will kick on and put himself in the frame at Wigan.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Playing SL will improve him and the fact the club thinks he is good enough to cope with this standard of RL shows the faith our coaching team have in him.
craigo

Post by craigo »

This is the kind of loan that I actually don't mind. Win win for everybody. Experienced player to, Well Wakefield ?. No chance.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

craigo wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:46 pm This is the kind of loan that I actually don't mind. Win win for everybody. Experienced player to, Well Wakefield ?. No chance.
Huh? I thought you didn't like SL loans. Maybe I misread.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
craigo

Post by craigo »

Mike wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:22 pm
craigo wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:46 pm This is the kind of loan that I actually don't mind. Win win for everybody. Experienced player to, Well Wakefield ?. No chance.
This one is different. Young player. That is a 3 way win. My problem is loaning experienced ones. That just achieves fitness.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

craigo wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:34 pm
Mike wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:22 pm
This one is different. Young player. That is a 3 way win. My problem is loaning experienced ones. That just achieves fitness.
I don’t mind loaning players as the reserve system isn’t fit for purpose my issue is the time on loan,2 weeks is frankly ridiculous it should be a minimum of a month
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

Hope he doesn’t get injured on that pitch