Referee for Friday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Referee for Friday

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors v Salford Red Devils

24th March, KO: 20:00

M Com: A. Mills

Referee: C. Kendall

Reserve Referee: J. Vella
Touch Judge 1: L. Rush
Touch Judge 2: M. Craven
Video Referee: J. Smith
Reserve Touch Judge: C. Charnock
Time Keeper: N. Hope
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mickw

Re: Referee for Friday

Post by Mickw »

Ffs
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Yay
craigo

Post by craigo »

Oh no. I would say that nearly every time
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Better him than many others.
I hope we realise that Kendall is reffing to the new instructions that all refs seem to have i.e. more 'wrestling' is allowed on the ground during the tackle and that the PTB is going to be much slower.
No point in our players getting upset on the field (fans are a different matter) - it seems to be the way that those in charge want the game to progress. Personally, I think it makes the game much worse and lets not-so-good players drag better ones down to their level.
At least we know what to expect in that respect.
I hope we're prepared for a much better Salford side this time.
craigo

Post by craigo »

Southern Softy wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:08 am Better him than many others.
I hope we realise that Kendall is reffing to the new instructions that all refs seem to have i.e. more 'wrestling' is allowed on the ground during the tackle and that the PTB is going to be much slower.
No point in our players getting upset on the field (fans are a different matter) - it seems to be the way that those in charge want the game to progress. Personally, I think it makes the game much worse and lets not-so-good players drag better ones down to their level.
go on then. Who is the best ref ?. Same goes for all the forum members. I say Jack Smith.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

craigo wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:50 am
Southern Softy wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:08 am Better him than many others.
go on then. Who is the best ref ?. Same goes for all the forum members. I say Jack Smith.
Ben Thaler & Robert Hicks. Liam Moore & Jack Smith but they are both Wiganers & tend to try too hard to not show bias!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

If it was last season, I would have gone for Kendall and Thaler (on the pitch not on the video) but this season is tricky because every match is a slog with long lying-on and flops seemingly being OK and you tend to notice the really bad refs and not the good ones, which is a shame for the game.
Raging Penguin

Post by Raging Penguin »

I struggle to determine which ref i believe is the best, certainly wasn't the ref last night.

interestingly id say the best ref is the ref that isn't really noticed, which could be a reason as to why when they have a good performance it isn't as obvious as a bad performance.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Southern Softy wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:19 pm If it was last season, I would have gone for Kendall and Thaler (on the pitch not on the video) but this season is tricky because every match is a slog with long lying-on and flops seemingly being OK and you tend to notice the really bad refs and not the good ones, which is a shame for the game.
I said exactly the same last night. Thought also he was very lenient with Salford being offside, & I truly mean offside 🤨 yet he pounced on us!

We say there is no consistency between referees, sometimes the referee is consistent in a game!