Wigan Squad for Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Wigan Squad for Salford

Post by Caboosegg »

Cust doesn't look at the races at the moment, like he's lost confidence or carrying a knock.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:13 pm
Wigan_ITK wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:56 pm Cust needs to sit out now.

He’s been targeted consistently defensively and offers absolutely nothing as a half.

Stick with Field at 6 and Smith 7
And yet everyone says move him to 9 where he will be defending 4x the amount against the forwards
Good point nathan
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Let’s be honest we are pretty crap without French and field. French looks immense from fb. Field did some good D and put on a few good passes also. I don’t have anything good to say about the halves or props so I won’t say nothing. Big improvement needed for the bus stop lobbie lovers on Thursday.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

French solo tries kept us in the game and decent team play for the winner.

Chalk and Cheese compared with the Cats game, we at least showed commitment and fight in the last ten,just need to build on that. We have a couple of plan Bs in swopping Field/French as needed and bringing O'Neil into the mix. Many players had below par games, was thinking before the game that the backline has been unchanged starting for 6 games, surely we will click today - still waiting for that and both centres had poor games for me.

As for what happened after 70 minutes? Salford ran out of gas and credit to the whole team for sticking at it to get us back in the game.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

WE HAVE THE SAME TEAM AS LAST YEAR BASICALLY…….. so isnt it down to coaching? Tommy will replace briers? What a load of bs…… tommy was a good tesm player but wasnt a creater like briers
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:26 pm WE HAVE THE SAME TEAM AS LAST YEAR BASICALLY…….. so isnt it down to coaching? Tommy will replace briers? What a load of bs…… tommy was a good tesm player but wasnt a creater like briers
Exactly but Briers already had the Broncos job signed up wgenvwe got him but we had him for a year because of Covid restrictions in Oz.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:26 pm WE HAVE THE SAME TEAM AS LAST YEAR BASICALLY…….. so isnt it down to coaching? Tommy will replace briers? What a load of bs…… tommy was a good tesm player but wasnt a creater like briers
That isn’t really how it works or the best coaches would have been the best players…
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:30 pm
That isn’t really how it works or the best coaches would have been the best players…
your not understanding my point nathan….. tommy and lockers were gpod players but briers was a leader….like craigo said( he could be a good scout etc) i agree…….its back to jobs for the boys in that sense
Lumbernator

Post by Lumbernator »

I honestly don't see the issue with moving players about because it all boils down to Powell. Bevan moves to fullback and jai in the halfes and cust does what he has always done like nrl and takes the hooker role. Use the money we have for a winger who can kick a few or just use Miski and if he ain't good enough just get rid and free the spot up and get a good winger. It's a shame we won't because of loyalty to Powell, I'd you ain't good enough it's time to go.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Forgot to add that the crowd (for both sides) really got into it and help make it a good TV spectacle.
Last edited by widdenoldboy on Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.