Wigan Squad for Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Wigan Squad for Salford

Post by josie andrews »

Suzieb wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:02 pm Recall young forber he will quicken up our attack
Just as long as Powell isn’t being used as mentor as he is with O’Neill, who’s game is now more like Powell’s this season compared to last!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:10 pm
Suzieb wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:02 pm Recall young forber he will quicken up our attack
Just as long as Powell isn’t being used as mentor as he is with O’Neill, who’s game is now more like Powell’s this season compared to last!
There was a couple of flashes from oniell the other night then it reverted back to his Powell type game I'm now more convinced than ever this is how the coaching staff want the hooking role being played for Wigan,that it's painful to watch seems to be beyond them at the moment.

I'll say this when Powell came back on at loose was it the side stiffened up a lot with him on but honestly I think that's down to him being more of a captain type than Faz is.
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

In what way do you think his game is more like Powell's now? From watching O'Neill in the academy I never thought he was vastly different in style to Powell in the way Forber is, I just thought he was similar but generally better in every aspect except defensive reads.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

How do you know Powell is mentoring O’Neill? What does it entail ?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:49 pm
I think it has been reported somewhere that Powell is mentoring the other hookers in the club.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:42 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:49 pm

I think it has been reported somewhere that Powell is mentoring the other hookers in the club.
Fantastic stuff, more of the same for the coming decade
Stanfax

Post by Stanfax »

moto748 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:42 pm That tackle on Joe Burgess was reminiscent of the one against the Hudds (?) lad last season on the other side of the pitch. As said, worth the price of admission.
Also the tackle on the young Leeds flyer last year (forget his name). Lined him up and took him down.