Wigan Squad for Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan Squad for Salford

Post by josie andrews »

21-man squad announced for Friday’s visit of Salford Red Devils, in association with Greenmount Projects.
Matt Peet names an unchanged squad for Round 6.

Wigan Warriors v Salford Red Devils, Friday 24th March, 8pm K.O.

Matt Peet has today confirmed his squad ahead of Friday’s Betfred Super League clash with Salford Red Devils.

The 21-man squad is unchanged with Matt Peet once again able to pick from a healthy squad.

Squad News

Wigan squad to face Salford:

1 Jai Field
2 Bevan French
3 Toby King
4 Jake Wardle
5 Liam Marshall
6 Cade Cust
7 Harry Smith
8 Brad Singleton
9 Sam Powell
10 Liam Byrne
11 Willie Isa
12 Liam Farrell
13 Morgan Smithies
14 Mike Cooper
15 Kaide Ellis
16 Ethan Havard
17 Kai Pearce Paul
20 Patrick Mago
22 Brad O’Neill
23 Abbas Miski
24 Junior Nsemba

Tickets for Friday’s game remain on sale online HERE and at the DW Stadium Ticket Office right up until kick-off.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/03/ ... r-salford/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
widdenoldboy

Re: Wigan Squad for Salford

Post by widdenoldboy »

I'd guess Mago might miss out, not sure about Byrne and Ellis - I think they should both play longer minutes.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

widdenoldboy wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:51 pm I'd guess Mago might miss out, not sure about Byrne and Ellis - I think they should both play longer minutes.
To be fair to Byrne, last week was his first game for some weeks so he wouldn’t have been match fit. Hopefully, he can do a longer spell on Friday.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Same team for me, but with ONeil coming in for Mago on the bench please
LancashireRed

Post by LancashireRed »

Guess it will be the same as last week. Looking at the Salford forum it stated that Brierley and Croft were unwell earlier this week plus Lafai has a hamstring strain, not sure who they will put out. One thing is for sure the halves need to move the ball quicker, hope it stays dry today.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Tough match this if croft is out that will help.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
LancashireRed

Post by LancashireRed »

Yes if Croft is out that's their best player. I wish we had a player like Croft, I do not think Cust is a quality 6, if we had a line breaking 6 like Croft, Field / French / Marshall would be unstoppable in support - Most of our tries this year with a half back involved have come via Smith looking at the SL stats. There is a big thread on halves on this forum, ours need to get us playing quicker.
craigo

Post by craigo »

Matchday. Oh yeah Wigan fans !. Will be a classic. I admire tonight's opponents tbh. Been a few players that I really like that have represented both clubs. I see a narrow home victory.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Should be a way more open game than last week, and hopefully these are the games where we can shine!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

LancashireRed wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:58 am Yes if Croft is out that's their best player. I wish we had a player like Croft, I do not think Cust is a quality 6, if we had a line breaking 6 like Croft, Field / French / Marshall would be unstoppable in support - Most of our tries this year with a half back involved have come via Smith looking at the SL stats. There is a big thread on halves on this forum, ours need to get us playing quicker.
Cust is not a 6 he is a hooker who is masquerading as a 6.