Tactics

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Tactics

Post by Caboosegg »

Mike wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:01 pm
DaveO wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:54 pm
Mike wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:29 pm

When he was on the field we were winning, when he was off we went 8 points behind, and with him back on the field we went on to win. Just saying.
When he came on the second time, he went to 13 not 9. Just saying. Other changes were also made i.e. Cust off, Field to 6. Just saying that as well!

The idea Powell coming on at 13 was a game changer given we had two players in O'Neil and Field doing better jobs at 9 & 6 than Powell and Cust were is not credible.
Its true he wasn't on as a 9at the end. But its also true we'd made the other positoinal switches a good 10-15 mnutes before he returned, and an improvement in intensity and our effectiveness only happened after he was back on.

Also, seeing as we played with Powell not at hooker as everyone wants for the vast majority of the match, how come our forwards and back line were not suddenly much better than usual? In fact, things seemed a little worse to me. Why as that?
Because to the Powell haters his team presence is so toxic it Impacts the team even when he's not on.

However to why we improved, I do think it has anything to do with Powells rugby skills and all to do with his leadership on the pitch, we looked rudderless until he came back on at the end.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

If he does not pick the right team and tactics on Thursday we will get beat
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Suzieb wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:15 am If he does not pick the right team and tactics on Thursday we will get beat
Oh aSuzie do you have to be so positive when I'm feeling so negative. Positive and negative in this comment are interchangeable. The net result is the same. Time for a bottle of Red :D
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Suzieb wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:15 am If he does not pick the right team and tactics on Thursday we will get beat
We could also be beat if the best team is out. Funny thing about sports is the result is.t guaranteed.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Are Leigh better than Salford? I suppose there is extra motivation for this match on the Leigh side.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐