Cust

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Blackpool_Pie

Cust

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

I think tonight has shown that Cust isn't offering anything. The intensity really picked up in attack when he left the field. Weather he is carrying a knock or just not at it at the moment, we can't keep carrying him in games.
Ggtt11

Re: Cust

Post by Ggtt11 »

He's been awful this season. We are lucky we have jai and bevan. They both need their hands on the ball as much as possible, unfortunately there can only be one fb. So for me cust needs to make way.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The reason is he just isn’t getting the ball anymore on the 5th tackle it goes straight to Harry Smith.

I feel sorry for him.

Last week the game changed when he was moved to 9, apparently, found out tonight, it is his preferred position, but obviously Powell is the 1st choice at 9, Jai to 6 & Bevan to 9!

We keep playing the same moves week in week out instead of what is happening in that particular game.

Yes it’s a good move Harry running round the back of the scrum but not every play. We never run onto a ball, we are slow & always flat footed.

Jai’s defence is just remarkable for a guy so small! I bet Burgess thought he was going to score in the first half with the break he made only for Jai to get on to him.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Ggtt11 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:12 pm He's been awful this season. We are lucky we have jai and bevan. They both need their hands on the ball as much as possible, unfortunately there can only be one fb. So for me cust needs to make way.
Make way for what?
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:16 am The reason is he isn’t getting the ball anymore on the 5th tackle it goes straight to Harry Smith.

I feel sorry for him.

Last week the game changed when he was moved to 9, apparently, found out tonight, it is his preferred position, but obviously Powell is the 1st choice at 9, Jai to 6 & Bevan to 9!

We keep playing the same moves week in week out instead of what is happening in that particular game.

Yes it’s a good move Harry running round the back of the scrum but not every play. We never run onto a ball, we are slow & always flat footed.

Jai’s defence is just remarkable for a guy so small! I bet Burgess thought he was going to score in the first half with the break he made only for Jai to get on to him.
Josie, I played 7 for nearly 15 years, let me tell u now there’s a reason he’s never getting the ball on the last. There’s absolutely no reason to feel sorry for him the lad can’t kick. The player to feel sorry for is Harry smith. Young kid with immense pressure on him and he’s playing on his own every week and doing a pretty good job I reckon. Jai needs to move into the halfs to take pressure off him or he’s gonna burn out
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Dreamteam wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:21 am
josie andrews wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:16 am The reason is he isn’t getting the ball anymore on the 5th tackle it goes straight to Harry Smith.

I feel sorry for him.

Josie, I played 7 for nearly 15 years, let me tell u now there’s a reason he’s never getting the ball on the last. There’s absolutely no reason to feel sorry for him the lad can’t kick. The player to feel sorry for is Harry smith. Young kid with immense pressure on him and he’s playing on his own every week and doing a pretty good job I reckon. Jai needs to move into the halfs to take pressure off him or he’s gonna burn out
He seems to have lost a lot of confidence of that I’m sure.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Could we risk giving Harry a break and giving Astley a shot?
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

moto748 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:44 am Could we risk giving Harry a break and giving Astley a shot?
I absolutely do not feel out of the two half backs that Smith is the problem.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:13 am
moto748 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:44 am Could we risk giving Harry a break and giving Astley a shot?
I absolutely do not feel out of the two half backs that Smith is the problem.
I agree the problem isn't really with Smith that's the issue Cust is in no form at all it happens we've all seen players go through bad patches as for Astley all of a sudden you know who are coming in a fortnight and for me it's just the wrong time to try him
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

I read an article this week that he says he feels like a Wiganer it’s about time he played like one