Cust

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Brennox7

Re: Cust

Post by Brennox7 »

Southern Softy wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:18 pm Can't tell you when but the only forward we have that looks like scoring (and has done so) on a crash ball is Havard.
Probably right mate. I know singleton has had a couple over the years but we lack that option. When we’re near opposition line it’s just a case of shifting it out wide and hope for the overlap
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Brennox7 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:28 pm
Southern Softy wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:18 pm Can't tell you when but the only forward we have that looks like scoring (and has done so) on a crash ball is Havard.
Probably right mate. I know singleton has had a couple over the years but we lack that option. When we’re near opposition line it’s just a case of shifting it out wide and hope for the overlap
Havard’s stats from last night were the best of the forwards. 47 tackles, 125 metres. 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Looks like to Cust’s body is breaking down, he’s wrapped up like a mummy!
If he’s not fit he shouldn’t be playing, rest him until he’s fully fit as he will only get worse and a burden for the team in the long run if unfit or carrying an injury
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:53 pm
Brennox7 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:28 pm
Havard’s stats from last night were the best of the forwards. 47 tackles, 125 metres. 😊
And he played for about an hour.
Charriots Offiah

Barney841 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:10 pm Looks like to Cust’s body is breaking down, he’s wrapped up like a mummy!
If he’s not fit he shouldn’t be playing, rest him until he’s fully fit as he will only get worse and a burden for the team in the long run if unfit or carrying an injury
Don’t play him at all would be my choice, he doesn’t possess the requisite skills to be a 6.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Correct to slow and easy to defend
craigo

Post by craigo »

He is not fit. Because everyone knows his ability.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

To be clear, my suggestion upthread that Smith might be given a rest was not really a criticism of him, I fully agree that he has had to take more than his fair share of the creative burden, with Cust contributing little, and all this behind an indifferent pack. But rather that to give him a rest, and give some game-time to one of our youngsters, might not be the worst idea.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

And as Cust, well, I think he's just not fit. Or, it's a confidence thing. Or both. The player I remember watching in the NRL was an explosive impact sub, always welcomed by the Manly fans. He's hardly explosive now.
Charriots Offiah

moto748 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:49 pm And as Cust, well, I think he's just not fit. Or, it's a confidence thing. Or both. The player I remember watching in the NRL was an explosive impact sub, always welcomed by the Manly fans. He's hardly explosive now.
It might be the beer in Wigan 😀