Talking about Wakefields pitch….

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Talking about Wakefields pitch….

Post by josie andrews »

You should have seen the state of Ethan Havard’s & Morgan Smithies’ legs after the game! They looked like the Catalan players legs when they played at Wakefield on the first game of this season!

Big lumps knocked out of them & bleeding! Ethan said the pitch was full of gravel! They were the only ones with shorts on (apart from Bevan French 🥰 who was last out of the stadium).

Similar to Wakeys.

I’m friends with the head groundsman who told me what the problem was at Wakey. The seed was planted in September when the RL season ended but then they were allowing different sports & whatever to play on it before the grass had a chance to grow! I mentioned it to him about our lads legs.

He said it will be okay when the football finishes as it’s because they train on it, well Latics players refused to train yesterday & today, as well as play on it. And he has always said it’s the football that spoils the pitch, not the rugby.

Mind you if you read what some of the Latics fans moan about on Twitter, & it’s always on a WWRL pages or our supporters comments on RL, it’s Wigan Warriors, that is to blame for the downfall of everything that goes wrong with them & their team!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan