Wigan announce amazing ticket sales for Easter derby

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan announce amazing ticket sales for Easter derby

Post by josie andrews »

Friday night Wigan Warriors came up with the late heroics to defeat Salford Red Devils.

It was a lovely solo try from Bevan French as well as a nice team try for Toby King that got the Warriors over the line in a scintillating game between two teams who already look like they could be set for the play-offs in 2023.

In the mind of Sky Sports pundit Jon Wells it was one of the most exciting games of the season and also took the time to praise the Warriors for the work they are doing to get bigger crowds and better atmospheres.

There were over 11,000 fans in attendance against Salford and Wells said: “It was one of the most exciting games of the season and in front of a really healthy crowd here at the DW Stadium.

“It is important to note that the Warriors have really been putting in the effort and the atmosphere was outstanding.”

He also gave a run down of the top performers and key moments:

Salford really made them work. Tyler Dupree and Kallum Watkins were brilliant but in games like this having the individuals to turn it around narrows it down.

“There was a set of six in the 71st minute that Salford made 14 metres on and that for me was the turning point.”

The Warriors have now confirmed that the South Stand has already been sold out for their Easter derby against Champions St Helens and 20,000 tickets have already been sold.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/wigan-an ... rby-71606/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jobo

Re: Wigan announce amazing ticket sales for Easter derby

Post by jobo »

Can't wait. Atmosphere should be electric. Just hope for good weather, a fair ref and the smellys get a good hiding.
craigo

Post by craigo »

Should always be a massive crowd. It being on tv shouldn't put you off going. Maybe away games tbh.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

jobo wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:44 pm Can't wait. Atmosphere should be electric. Just hope for good weather, a fair ref and the smellys get a good hiding.
What I like about you Jobo is your not greedy 😀
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

craigo wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:15 pm Should always be a massive crowd. It being on tv shouldn't put you off going. Maybe away games tbh.
Why? Going to rugby matches isn't everyone's priority when it comes to spending time and money.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

craigo wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:15 pm Should always be a massive crowd. It being on tv shouldn't put you off going. Maybe away games tbh.
Never presume peoplesmatch going habits everyone is different I ain’t going because it’s grand dad time for me and believe me that outstrips any rugby game.
craigo

Post by craigo »

I agree. Mine is to go to every home game. I hardly get to any away ones. Telly or radio for that.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:17 pm
Never presume peoplesmatch going habits everyone is different I ain’t going because it’s grand dad time for me and believe me that outstrips any rugby game.
And so it should 😀
jobo

Post by jobo »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:32 pm
jobo wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:44 pm Can't wait. Atmosphere should be electric. Just hope for good weather, a fair ref and the smellys get a good hiding.
What I like about you Jobo is your not greedy 😀
:lol:
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Twice today they’ve taken tickets off sale ?