Wigan announce amazing ticket sales for Easter derby

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Wigan announce amazing ticket sales for Easter derby

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Can't get tickets for this game online. Is that done on purpose? Seen a few on twitter saying the same
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

The fair weather once a year fans are turning out for their annual fixture, they'll be gone 10 minutes from time if we're not winning.
endoman

Post by endoman »

Day 3 of me trying to get a ticket. Simply impossible for me to go to Stadium as I live 2 hours away, phoning is not an option due to work,

It was much easier getting one for Huddersfield.... It makes the club look a little less than top quality when their ticketing partner can't cope with selling the last few thousand tickets.
PJC

Post by PJC »

Keeping within topic of higher crowd figures I was impressed with the atmosphere in the Fanzone before the Salford game. I attend all Wigan’s home games but had never been in. I went to buy a Leigh ticket. The place was packed with supporters of all ages. So too was the club shop. Whoever came up with the idea deserves praise.
I do think that some have taken Craigo’s comments about attending games too literally. It’s a keen fans comment. I could have said it.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Mickw wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:27 am The fair weather once a year fans are turning out for their annual fixture, they'll be gone 10 minutes from time if we're not winning.
There will always be someone on this site to find something to moan about.

Imagine living your life trying to turn every positive into a negative.

We have great sales for the Good Friday clash, let’s be happy and leave it at that?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Fan Zone is great but is becoming a victim of its own success. Was a bit overcrowded at the Salford game for my tase but should get better come the better weather and they can open it up a bit .

Can't understand why they have taken the Saints Game sales offline if it isn't sold out.

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

There looks to be an issue with the site rather than them being taken offline. On my phone it asks me to enter an email address but then comes up with an error message but on a laptop, it asks me to enter an email but then lets you purchase tickets.

Not ideal when you’re looking to shift the last of the tickets.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Hello everybody who are struggling to buy tickets for this game. I’ve been in touch with ticket sales at Wigan Warriors & have been told that tickets for this game are being restricted to database sales only.

If you are registered online for ticket sales with the club, eg: your email address, you should be able to purchase tickets

So if you have purchased tickets before, the online ticket sales will ask for an email address, which should/will be registered on the database.

If you are still struggling the club advise you to contact the ticket office at the DW 01942 311111.

Email: ticketoffice@dwstadium.com

Hope this will help 😊

PS Saints have sold their allocation & are wanting to buy tickets in the West & East stands.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
endoman

Post by endoman »

Thanks Josie, 40 minutes hold on the phone, get through and am told they have just gone gone back for sale online, and indeed they have, so that's where I bought mine.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

endoman wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:17 pm Thanks Josie, 40 minutes hold on the phone, get through and am told they have just gone gone back for sale online, and indeed they have, so that's where I bought mine.
Sorry about that, didn’t come on here till late today & that was the answer when I spoke to my friend at the club who deals with ticket sales.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan