Wigan squad for Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Wigan squad for Wakefield

Post by medlocke »

24/06/21 Wakefield 14 - 6 Wigan
14/08/22 Wakefield 30 - 12 Wigan

I recall the same bravado from certain fans and teams that thought all they had to do was turn up to win these two games
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Think Peet will go pretty strong at the same time giving one or two their opportunity.

French,
Miski, King, Wardle, Eckersley,
Shorrocks, Smith.
Ellis, O'Neil, Byrne,
Isa, KPP,
Smithies.

Mago, Havard, Hill, Forber.
Soul Kitchen

Post by Soul Kitchen »

medlocke wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:17 am
Firestarter wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:12 am
medlocke wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:42 pm I reckon it will be Wakeys first win, as usual we won't take it seriously, will rest certain players and play youngsters in their place and it will come back and bite us in the aris, we should go in full strength with the expectation of putting a cricket score on them, I really hope it doesn't go tits up
would you like a bet on that meds? 😭😭
No I don't bet, just noticed it's at Wigan so not as bad as first expected though can still see it being a banana skin if we g into with the wrong attitude. I'm still feeling cautious about it
Look on the brightside, if there's any hiccups and going off your comments, you won't have to pay good money to witness it?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:17 pm 24/06/21 Wakefield 14 - 6 Wigan

I recall the same bravado from certain fans and teams that thought all they had to do was turn up to win these two games
Too be fair meds both them games are away and we are in a much better place atm.Oh and the big one is, Wakey are not nearly as good.Feel free to rip me apart if im wrong but i wont be
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wasn’t there also a terrible one under Wane where he said it was the worst performance?

It’s a tough one, if the goal is to finish 1st then of course we have to go for the win.

If the goal is to win the grand final and try to navigate through the peaks and troughs of a season and peak at the end then it’s a game you could take a calculated risk and rest some players, take your foot off a bit .

One of those games we will look back in hindsight and say Peet got it right or he rested too many, took the foot off the gas and cost us points.

Problem is, if he plays full strength, we win and then lose our next game people will say he should have rested against Wakey.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:29 pm

Wasn’t there also a terrible one under Wane where he said it was the worst performance?

It’s a tough one, if the goal is to finish 1st then of course we have to go for the win.

If the goal is to win the grand final and try to navigate through the peaks and troughs of a season and peak at the end then it’s a game you could take a calculated risk and rest some players, take your foot off a bit .

One of those games we will look back in hindsight and say Peet got it right or he rested too many, took the foot off the gas and cost us points.

Problem is, if he plays full strength, we win and then lose our next game people will say he should have rested against Wakey.
We basically played a second string team in that loss. If i remember correctly we had 12 out.We still shouldnt have lost with the amount we did though.My advice is get there in numbers tomorrow and shoe the lads how much we want it( especially for the young lads playing who will appreciate it the most).Oh and josie owes me a pint for cutting out all the dits and abbreviations out of my texts 😃
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:34 pm

We basically played a second string team in that loss. If i remember correctly we had 12 out.We still shouldnt have lost with the amount we did though.My advice is get there in numbers tomorrow and shoe the lads how much we want it( especially for the young lads playing who will appreciate it the most).**Oh and josie owes me a pint for cutting out all the dits and abbreviations out of my texts 😃
Illness was still present in the players who played in that 62 - 0 drubbing. We could see players being sick during the game. Sarginson was one of the worse that continued to play. The RFL had a lot to answer for allowing that game to go ahead IMO!

Come & find me before the game tomorrow 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Suzieb wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:00 pm You do talk some rubbish meds
Can you elaborate?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Usually agree nathan. But there's a week off next week so can't see need to rest players also by next game one or 2 injured players are coming back into contention. I believe Hampshire playing in reserves at waky next week. My view next 2 games are chance to build the momentum up and collect points difference.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:49 am
Firestarter wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:34 pm

We basically played a second string team in that loss. If i remember correctly we had 12 out.We still shouldnt have lost with the amount we did though.My advice is get there in numbers tomorrow and shoe the lads how much we want it( especially for the young lads playing who will appreciate it the most).**Oh and josie owes me a pint for cutting out all the dits and abbreviations out of my texts 😃
Illness was still present in the players who played in that 62 - 0 drubbing. We could see players being sick during the game. Sarginson was one of the worse that continued to play. The RFL had a lot to answer for allowing that game to go ahead IMO!

Come & find me before the game tomorrow 😊
Only joking about the pint josie but i will say hi