Wigan squad for Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan squad for Wakefield

Post by josie andrews »

21-man squad announced for Sunday’s Round 10 Clash with Wakefield Trinity, in association with Greenmount Projects.

Peet makes two changes to the squad ahead of the fixture.

Wigan Warriors v Wakefield Trinity, Sunday 23rd April, 3.05pm K.O.

Matt Peet has named his 21-man squad for Sunday’s Betfred Super League Round 10 clash with Wakefield Trinity at the DW Stadium.

The Wigan Head Coach has named his 21-man squad for Sunday’s fixture. Mike Cooper, Brad Singleton, Cade Cust and Jai Field are unavailable through injury whilst two changes see Morgan Smithies return to the squad following a one-match suspension.

Zach Eckersley, who has impressed on loan at Widnes in recent weeks, also comes into the squad in place of Iain Thornley.

Wigan squad for Wakefield:

2 Bevan French
3 Toby King
4 Jake Wardle
5 Liam Marshall
7 Harry Smith
9 Sam Powell
10 Liam Byrne
11 Willie Isa
12 Liam Farrell
15 Kaide Ellis
16 Ethan Havard
17Kai Pearce Paul
19 Joe Shorrocks
20 Patrick Mago
22 Brad O’Neill
23 Abbas Miski
26 Harvie Hill
27Junior Nsemba
28 Zach Eckersley
29 Tom Forber

Tickets remain on sale for Sunday’s game against Wakefield! Get yours online HERE and get behind the boys at the DW Stadium.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/04/ ... kefield-6/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Re: Wigan squad for Wakefield

Post by Firestarter »

All the last 4 will probably get a run out.I hope so anyway
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wakefield Squad

2 Jorge Taufua
4 Reece Lyne
6 Lee Gaskell
7 Mason Lino
8 Eddie Battye
10 Jai Whitbread
11 Matty Ashurst
12 Kelepi Tanginoa
13 Jay Pitts
15 Liam Kay
16 Josh Bowden
17 Renouf Atoni
18 Lee Kershaw
19 Kevin Proctor
21 Samisoni Lange
24 Harry Bowes
25 Sam Eseh
30 Oliver Pratt
33 Will Dagger
36 Rowan Milnes

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/super-le ... eam-73451/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Welski

Post by Welski »

The bookies are giving Wakey a 30 odd point start. Do we think it will be that easy? (Hope so, I’ve got the house on Bevan being top scorer this year😀)
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Wakey have been absolutely woeful this season. They can't get points on the board and have leaked points in every game. I absolutely hate to say this before a game as I'd hate to think it would come back to bite me, but we should really be putting a score on this lot even with resting a few players

I'd like to see some of the younger lads get minutes under their belt - Hill, Nsemba, Forber and Eckersley. I'd also want to see Mago put some good minutes in too. I'd look at the possibility of resting Farrell too
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Just had a quick delve.. Wakey have posted 23 points in their last 8 games :shock:
craigo

Post by craigo »

Welski wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:56 pm The bookies are giving Wakey a 30 odd point start. Do we think it will be that easy? (Hope so, I’ve got the house on Bevan being top scorer this year😀)
I reckon something like 48-6. Sticking my neck out a bit by saying they will score a try !.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

craigo wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:59 pm
Welski wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:56 pm The bookies are giving Wakey a 30 odd point start. Do we think it will be that easy? (Hope so, I’ve got the house on Bevan being top scorer this year😀)
I reckon something like 48-6. Sticking my neck out a bit by saying they will score a try !.
If we play all the fringe/younger players, that sort of score would be a good result. If we play what we would say is as close to full strength as possible, that scoreline wouldn't be particularly impressive.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I reckon it will be Wakeys first win, as usual we won't take it seriously, will rest certain players and play youngsters in their place and it will come back and bite us in the aris, we should go in full strength with the expectation of putting a cricket score on them, I really hope it doesn't go tits up
HindleyGreen28

Post by HindleyGreen28 »

Hi all,

Looking to take my 7 year old daughter to her first home game this weekend. Trying to book tickets online but can't work out how to add a ticket for an under 8 year old, it only gives the option of 8-17 years for kids. Does anyone know how?

Thanks

HG