Cade cust

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Suzieb

Cade cust

Post by Suzieb »

Anyone heard anything about this player
the pieman

Re: Cade cust

Post by the pieman »

there'll be the usual update during this week i would assume now that the international is out of the way

bulging disk in the neck doesnt seem like a quick return to play for me, but i'm no medical expert
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

Be surprised if he is here next season. Too much of an injury risk especially as he is an overseas player.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Graham1 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:29 pm Be surprised if he is here next season. Too much of an injury risk especially as he is an overseas player.
That's a bit unkind. Think we're a better team when a fit Cust is partnering Smith in the halves. As long as the problem can be solved and isn't chronic - I'd be happy to see him back on the field for us.
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Think the Clubbmeister had something similar if I recall and he managed a recovery ok - fingers crossed he’s back soon
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

When everyone is fit he doesn’t get in if we’re being honest. Can’t move french from full back and based on that field performance vs Leigh it’s years ahead of what cust is capable of. I dare say shorrocks isn’t that much of a downgrade on him there
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

We are in a salary cap sport and need to spend wisely. Cust would not have improved the performances against saints and wire. Shorrocks doing a decent job even though playing out of position, we now have Hampshire on his way back as well. And Field is the obvious 6 when fit.

Looking to the future we have Jack Farrimond coming through who Wigan rate highly. Think it’s going going to be difficult for Cust to get in starting 13. IMO would rather let Cust go and use the money to bring in an overseas prop or second row. For what it’s worth I think Mago will be joining him, which hopefully will help us keep some of the younger guys like Eckersley, Hill, Forber and Douglas
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Peet has said in his press conference today that he should be back around the time of the cup game all being well. Field due back for the Magic game in Newcastle a couple of weeks later.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I like cust, granted hes a different type of stand off than field.Put field back to fullback and french on the wing for me.Bit harsh on abbas but needs must and this is definitely condtions dependant.Hampshire has to prove himself at stand off before we even consider him in front of cudt.Cust was great last season injury free imo
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

I think Cust has done well for us. We needed someone like him to partner Harry Smith as he came off the season under Lam.
Now Smith is maturing rapidly and demonstrating his ability to control a game, plus Miski performing well and giving us hard yards off our own line, my first choice would be:

• Bevan at fullback where he is more involved and strikes more fear into the opposition,
• Abbas at 2,
• Field at 6.

Taking into account both MP's comments about improving contracts to retain younger players, and Cust's injury record, I would reluctantly let him go as he must cost too much to be a back-up player. We also have Hampshire and Shorrocks for cover in the halves.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐