Off-contract Wigan winger Abbas Miski proving his worth says coach

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Soul Kitchen

Re: Off-contract Wigan winger Abbas Miski proving his worth says coach

Post by Soul Kitchen »

DaveO wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 12:12 am
The Pearl1 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:43 pm We’ve activated his one year option.
Well people can make jokes at my expense if they want (read the follow up posts to this) but this is just typical of how inept the club is run these days. If the first 17 is fit he doesn’t get a game so to use a quota spot up for a squad player is ridiculous. He’s had a couple of good games and the club plays “nice” and signs him up again.

We will continue to play second fiddle as a club until those running it grow a pair and start being more ruthless about improving the squad when contracts expire rather then rewarding players who try hard but aren’t actually good enough for the pretty llow standard SL represents in 2023.
I look forward to dreaming one day how you'd actually do things? Like all all dreams it will be short lived and last about a minute!
Credit where credit is due though, at least you get wound up and comment on stuff that you actually can't change.👍😀
DaveO

Re: Off-contract Wigan winger Abbas Miski proving his worth says coach

Post by DaveO »

Soul Kitchen wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:35 am
DaveO wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 12:12 am
The Pearl1 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:43 pm We’ve activated his one year option.
Well people can make jokes at my expense if they want (read the follow up posts to this) but this is just typical of how inept the club is run these days. If the first 17 is fit he doesn’t get a game so to use a quota spot up for a squad player is ridiculous. He’s had a couple of good games and the club plays “nice” and signs him up again.

We will continue to play second fiddle as a club until those running it grow a pair and start being more ruthless about improving the squad when contracts expire rather then rewarding players who try hard but aren’t actually good enough for the pretty llow standard SL represents in 2023.
I look forward to dreaming one day how you'd actually do things? Like all all dreams it will be short lived and last about a minute!
Credit where credit is due though, at least you get wound up and comment on stuff that you actually can't change.👍😀
Err, it’s a forum and literally everyone is commenting on stuff they can’t change be it team selections, signings or whatever because none of us run the club.