Faz

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Faz

Post by nathan_rugby »

Anyone who thinks the sole success criteria of a captain is whether or not they are loud on the pitch doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

It’s one factor of many.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the decision to make Farrell captain was a vote amongst staff and players (or at least a vote from our leadership group).
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

A captain is a player who leads by example and who other players look up to and follow
WIGIAN

Post by WIGIAN »

Back to the thread topic of Faz, and not what makes a great captain . Id just like to see him run front on into a tackle instead of backing in. Yes he makes good yards but facing his own try line and rarely offloads so what's the deal with this tactic it removes his attacking threat ?
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

Faz is not a 'battering ram' forward. He never has been and never will be. He doesn't make metres by strength or post-contact effort. However because of his speed and footwork he's devastating when he has a bit of space to work with and I think that this season so far, the players inside him haven't been creating that space maybe because our style of play has changed to being dependent on French at the moment. Get Faz into a bit of space and he'll be back to his best.
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Southern Softy wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 9:26 am In RL terms (as in many other options) activity is running around a lot and often shouting as well without doing anything to resolve situations - action is doing something positive whether quietly or noisily.
My last post was meant to be my last comment on this topicBUT and there's always a but S S qualifies his above post with the expression " in RL terms " as far as I'm aware those terms are in English ( allowing for Wiganese). So RL is a game,sport an activity no less with lots of ACTION Matthew Peet,peat, Pete ie our coach would agree (although there's been plenty of inaction lately much to his embarrassment. My very last comment on SS's post is any action,positive or negative are,characteristlly actions and as we are discussing RLare activities in the game :D
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

archiekeith wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 9:41 am
Southern Softy wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 9:26 am In RL terms (as in many other options) activity is running around a lot and often shouting as well without doing anything to resolve situations - action is doing something positive whether quietly or noisily.
My last post was meant to be my last comment on this topicBUT and there's always a but S S qualifies his above post with the expression " in RL terms " as far as I'm aware those terms are in English ( allowing for Wiganese). So RL is a game,sport an activity no less with lots of ACTION Matthew Peet,peat, Pete ie our coach would agree (although there's been plenty of inaction lately much to his embarrassment. My very last comment on SS's post is any action,positive or negative are,characteristlly actions and as we are discussing RLare activities in the game :D

But you can have lots of activity that results in no action.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Which is what I was saying but probably might have expressed it better.
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 9:59 am
archiekeith wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 9:41 am

But you can have lots of activity that results in no action.
I'd express this as There could be plenty activity ie actions without any result. Full stop but this is a long way from SS's claim of differences between action and activities. NOT the results thereof
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

All I can really say is that I've worked in shops, offices and factories and played team sports for most of my life and all of my colleagues and team-mates have found it pretty easy to spot the difference between activity and action on an off the field and their relative usefulness..
WIGIAN

Post by WIGIAN »

Bored now I thought this topic was about Liam Farrell not a leadership course .... :roll: