Faz

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dreamteam

Faz

Post by Dreamteam »

Been very poor this year imo. Has enough credit in the bank but people seem to be completely ignoring it ? His constant sideways cut in runs are very predictable.
craigo

Re: Faz

Post by craigo »

I am not writing him off yet.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
Bob the Builder

Post by Bob the Builder »

Happens regularly in all kinds of sport. Give a quality player the responsibility of captaincy and suddenly form dips. Sometimes the responsibility of captaincy is too much and has a negative impact on their form. Take away the captaincy, and hey presto, the great performing player returns. Simple!
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

Been a great servant but he will be 33 this year. We should be looking to replace him for next season and to start to give Nsemba some game time and bring in an experienced back row forward.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Hadn't realised this was April 1st.

Check out the metres made by Wigan forwards.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

For my money he isn't a captain,brilliant player for sure but a bit to quiet on the pitch,not sure how they'll replace him though you'd hope there's a plan in place but players such as his quality don't come around very often
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:33 am For my money he isn't a captain,brilliant player for sure but a bit to quiet on the pitch,not sure how they'll replace him though you'd hope there's a plan in place but players such as his quality don't come around very often
Said the same thing all along, he’s not a captain at senior level. I know not many on here are keen on Sam Powell, but he makes a better captain than Liam sadly.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

josie andrews wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:55 am
fozzieskem wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:33 am For my money he isn't a captain,brilliant player for sure but a bit to quiet on the pitch,not sure how they'll replace him though you'd hope there's a plan in place but players such as his quality don't come around very often
Said the same thing all along, he’s not a captain at senior level. I know not many on here are keen on Sam Powell, but he makes a better captain than Liam sadly.
I’m his worst fan but he would be my captain easily with a route for Harry to take over it in a few years personally.
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

Omg thats all we need ,a captain that is not good enough to be in the side never mind lead the rest.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

blindsideprop wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:25 am
Omg thats all we need ,a captain that is not good enough to be in the side never mind lead the rest.
That’s what I’m trying to say, majority don’t like him as a player for all your own reasons but Sam Powell, along with Harry Smith, do all of the talking on the pitch. So however you feel about Powell as a player, he would make a good captain, as Dreamteam says also, until Harry is ready to take over.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan