Mago on his future

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Soul Kitchen

Re: Mago on his future

Post by Soul Kitchen »

It didn't seem a good point when Mago walked off the pitch having a laugh and a joke with the opposition?
He's got to play out of his skin to even get a look for next season and it remains to be seen whether he can?
I'll not hold my breath.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Soul Kitchen wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:20 pm It didn't seem a good point when Mago walked off the pitch having a laugh and a joke with the opposition?
He's got to play out of his skin to even get a look for next season and it remains to be seen whether he can?
I'll not hold my breath.
What do you mean??
They are friends off the pitch & they are human beings! Why shouldn't they have a chat after a game? It happens at community level, NCL & upwards. Good friends play against each other.
What about rival household fans? Are they not supposed to speak to each other for a week cos one of their teams won?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

He’s improved his concentration this past few weeks and has cut out the silly errors (still an accident waiting to happen in defence though).That actually makes it more frustrating for me that he’s not done it previously and has waited until his future is on the line. He won’t be here in 2024 IMO and that’s the right call, without a shadow of a doubt.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

NICKYKISS wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:39 pm He’s improved his concentration this past few weeks and has cut out the silly errors (still an accident waiting to happen in defence though).That actually makes it more frustrating for me that he’s not done it previously and has waited until his future is on the line. He won’t be here in 2024 IMO and that’s the right call, without a shadow of a doubt.
It’s a shame as you say he’s waited this long to show what he’s capable of
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:15 pm
Soul Kitchen wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:20 pm It didn't seem a good point when Mago walked off the pitch having a laugh and a joke with the opposition?
I'll not hold my breath.
What do you mean??
They are friends off the pitch & they are human beings! Why shouldn't they have a chat after a game? It happens at community level, NCL & upwards. Good friends play against each other.
What about rival household fans? Are they not supposed to speak to each other for a week cos one of their teams won?
The second quote is utterly stupid. If you have any pride in your work it should not matter if you are related and/or friends with every single member of the opposing team. You shouldn’t even be able to raise a smile if you have just had your arse handed to you on a plate 30 seconds after the whistle has gone. Where is the personal pride and pride in your work? If anything you should want to go and hide. Showed a complete lack of awareness of what was just served up and has nothing to do with being mates with the opposition.

It’s got nothing to do with rivalry in families either. They were not playing.
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

He was a bit better in the Leeds game. I also happened to watch the semi final against Saints last year and he was good in that and gave us a lift.

We shouldn’t be extending him though but hopefully he can play his part for the rest of this season.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

What a load of rubbish he is shocking and so unfit it’s ridiculous that we don’t have a ready made replacement if we play him today just watch his effort it’s been pathetic up to now
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

DaveO wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 1:15 am
josie andrews wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:15 pm
I'll not hold my breath.
What do you mean??
The second quote is utterly stupid. If you have any pride in your work it should not matter if you are related and/or friends with every single member of the opposing team. You shouldn’t even be able to raise a smile if you have just had your arse handed to you on a plate 30 seconds after the whistle has gone. Where is the personal pride and pride in your work? If anything you should want to go and hide. Showed a complete lack of awareness of what was just served up and has nothing to do with being mates with the opposition.

It’s got nothing to do with rivalry in families either. They were not playing.
There's nowt stupid in what Josie's statement says. Perhaps inappropriate ,by your lights, in the given circumstances,but she's not stupid not by a long chalk. I must say my Wiganese is almost fluent or so I believe. :D
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

His flaws outweigh his qualities too much and he should not be retained.

When you look at the impact and quality players like Walmsley and Pasai have then compare to what we get from Mago…

If he was steam rolling people in attack and bossing it defence you could get away with a few of the errors, penalties and lack of minutes but IMO he just looks like an average forward with low fitness and minutes.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."