Wigan Vs Leeds CC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Bobby-WRL

Re: Wigan Vs Leeds CC

Post by Bobby-WRL »

By christ there’s a lot of glasses half empty on here . Lightweight pack ??? We are missing nearly the entire pack :lol:
Peet no plan B??? Hampshire starting at 6 instead of our so called experienced half
I think he knows what he’s doing.
Hopefully Ethan will be back in a few weeks
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

A big thank you must go to Harry Newman our secret weapon in the win his EGO will go down is history as a selfish little prat who lost them the game . :lol: :lol: :lol:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

He defo comes across as an individual that’s only bothered about his own success.The passes aside hes a good attacking centre but his defence and attitude is very very debatable.I dont, however think it was his none pass that lost them the game as we should have been out of site with better decision making and better goal kicking
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

York or London at home in the quarterfinals would be nice.
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Wintergreen wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:34 am We progressed, which is the only stat that matters in a cup game.

I wouldn't say we were lucky, in fact we were on the wrong end of a few decisions. We were the best team and the result was a fair one.

The players toughed it out and you can't take that away from them.

In terms of our team, well we learned nothing that we didn't know already.

Smith is not the solution to our goal kicking woes (and his misses could have been costly)

Our pack is lightweight

French is a genius

Peet really doesn't have a plan B. :D

Lot's to work on.
Yes lots like perfecting planA
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

:)
Bobby-WRL wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:24 am By heck there’s a lot of glasses half empty on here . Lightweight pack ??? We are missing nearly the entire pack :lol:
Peet no plan B??? Hampshire starting at 6 instead of our so called experienced half
Sorry, Bobby, I altered your 2nd word to a more acceptable version, but otherwise you are absolutely spot on.

We had no right to win that game. Both because of the players missing and last week's result. Our second half performance was tremendous and the whole team deserve huge credit. The tackle by French on Newman was a matchwinner in itself, as good as anything I've seen in 60 years of watching the team.

I've complained about the moaners many times, but over time realised that they won't change and moaning makes me one of them. I think we can only accept that the forum's purpose for many is to analyse and criticise.

For me, our wins against Wire and Saints show what Peet and the team can do - that includes Smith, Powell, King, French, Smithies, and even Mago. Mistakes will be made, and dips in form happen, but "We're on our way to Wembley", so I'll accept a few blips and nurture a bit of optimism.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

morley pie eater wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:25 pm :)
Bobby-WRL wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:24 am By heck there’s a lot of glasses half empty on here . Lightweight pack ??? We are missing nearly the entire pack :lol:
Sorry, Bobby, I altered your 2nd word to a more acceptable version, but otherwise you are absolutely spot on.

We had no right to win that game. Both because of the players missing and last week's result. Our second half performance was tremendous and the whole team deserve huge credit. The tackle by French on Newman was a matchwinner in itself, as good as anything I've seen in 60 years of watching the team.

I've complained about the moaners many times, but over time realised that they won't change and moaning makes me one of them. I think we can only accept that the forum's purpose for many is to analyse and criticise.

For me, our wins against Wire and Saints show what Peet and the team can do - that includes Smith, Powell, King, French, Smithies, and even Mago. Mistakes will be made, and dips in form happen, but "We're on our way to Wembley", so I'll accept a few blips and nurture a bit of optimism.
Not even in the top 50 ;) Did you not see Radlinski's tackle in the cup final then? !! :)
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Steve hampsons tackle on gary schofield in the regal match at bolton was the best i ever saw
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

Firestarter wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 2:18 pm Steve hampsons tackle on gary schofield in the regal match at bolton was the best i ever saw
What a tackle that was. "12 stone of solid granite" Ray French said on commentary at the time. 1987-88 Steve Hampson was the best full back in the world
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

DaiJones wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 3:08 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 2:18 pm Steve hampsons tackle on gary schofield in the regal match at bolton was the best i ever saw
What a tackle that was. "12 stone of solid granite" Ray French said on commentary at the time. 1987-88 Steve Hampson was the best full back in the world
[/quote Is that when he was awarded the Golden Boot much to the Aussies surprise? I know big Dave W wasn't pleased when he departed. A great player in a great team