Wigan Vs Leeds CC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Wigan Vs Leeds CC

Post by moto748 »

I just watched it back too. I'm going to disagree with nathan; I thought Shorrocks, Hampshire, and King all went fine. Might not have been MotM contenders, but all did their bit; Shorrocks instrumental in the first (was it?) try, and Hampshire neatly setting up Wardle. Not for the first time, it seemed a better contest all round on second viewing. Much as I dislike him, have to say Myler (and also McDonald) were very good for Leeds. Cam Smith too, of course. Bevan spoke so well after the game. And JP, he knows his stuff.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Don’t know whether this is just sour grapes or envy from Sam Tomkins commenting on the Bevan French tackle on Newman to save what could have been an odds on try. He’s not the only one to have a go at French!

https://twitter.com/andrewfoster101/sta ... 01472?s=12

French is a great player… but you might be giving him a bit too much credit there 😂

https://twitter.com/samtomkins1/status/ ... 3wQUEE0zxA
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

French said he dummied with the head in his interview.

I believe him 100%.
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

Firestarter wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 2:18 pm Steve hampsons tackle on gary schofield in the regal match at bolton was the best i ever saw

Ha!

I remember that one. Great tackle. It was one of Hampson's trademarks, coming across field and hitting the winger hard into touch, along with uncanny ability to leak far higher than anyone under a high ball.

If I recall he said he used to practice on a trampoline.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Big Steve wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:09 am
Firestarter wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 2:18 pm Steve hampsons tackle on gary schofield in the regal match at bolton was the best i ever saw

Ha!

I remember that one. Great tackle. It was one of Hampson's trademarks, coming across field and hitting the winger hard into touch, along with uncanny ability to leak far higher than anyone under a high ball.

He did.

He was also a drayman in the semi-professional days.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wintergreen wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:14 am

Ha!

He did.

Didnt he run/own the belle vue pub with nick du toit or am i mixed up?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Firestarter wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:24 am

Ha!

He did.

I don't think so, but may be wrong :)
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:24 am

Ha!

He did.

Yes he did on Woodhouse Lane 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

Used to enjoy watching Du Toit too. Aggressive, raw 2nd row. Too short a time at Wigan. What happened to him - why did he leave?
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

he used to own the hotel past the hospital on Wigan lane with Kris Radlinski its called Forbes now, but that's a recent change.

didn't he go to Wakefield?

on a side note, he's the only player I can think of that won a challenge cup medal and never played in the competition in the year he won it. He was on the bench in '85 but never got on the field and never played in any of the previous rounds. Great mullett too!
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!