Wigan Vs Leeds CC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Wigan Vs Leeds CC

Post by Firestarter »

Wish i still had that in video tape it was something else and knocked schoey into touch from 10-15 yards out at least
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

Think that full match might be on You Tube
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

DaiJones wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 3:47 pm Think that full match might be on You Tube
Ill check cheers.I remember it was the regal trophy and we lost but cant remember if it was the final or semi
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

https://youtu.be/yYOZPbJAdKY

Semi final. Here is the match. Tackle about 11 minutes in
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

DaiJones wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 4:27 pm https://youtu.be/yYOZPbJAdKY

Much appreciated pal
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Firestarter wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 4:37 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 4:34 pm

Much appreciated pal
wow what a tackle.Brings back great memories and it was also s tremendous hit on jackson( who was a kangaroo so no slouch).Murphy had to spoil it though with his massive 11 stone exaggerated comment lol
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:24 am By christ there’s a lot of glasses half empty on here . Lightweight pack ??? We are missing nearly the entire pack :lol:
Peet no plan B??? Hampshire starting at 6 instead of our so called experienced half
I think he knows what he’s doing.
Hopefully Ethan will be back in a few weeks
That was my point about being lightweight, we have few options at the moment due to injuries. I am happy for the young players to get a gig but we have to accept there maybe a drop off in performance at some point, especially when we come up against a big pack.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Typical Hampo always put his body on the line.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

With Austin being injured I thought Smith selected Gannon at 6 as he knew Peet would chose Shorrocks to play 6 for us as he had been doing. Trouble for Smith was MP selected Hampshire.

Nothing showed the difference between the two better than Wardle's try where Smith and French went right from the scrum and the ball passed left to Ryan who skinned Gannon for pace. Newman half went for the interception and was left in no man's land, Wardle went through the gap to score.

Perhaps if Smith had known Hampshire was to play 6 he wouldn't have selected a back rower to play 6 for Leeds but a back?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:08 am With Austin being injured I thought Smith selected Gannon at 6 as he knew Peet would chose Shorrocks to play 6 for us as he had been doing. Trouble for Smith was MP selected Hampshire.

Nothing showed the difference between the two better than Wardle's try where Smith and French went right from the scrum and the ball passed left to Ryan who skinned Gannon for pace. Newman half went for the interception and was left in no man's land, Wardle went through the gap to score.

Perhaps if Smith had known Hampshire was to play 6 he wouldn't have selected a back rower to play 6 for Leeds but a back?
Good point Ted well spotted 👏🏼👏🏼
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan