Wigan Warriors: Matty Peet praises Thomas Leuluai's behind the scenes impact

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan Warriors: Matty Peet praises Thomas Leuluai's behind the scenes impact

Post by josie andrews »

Matty Peet states Thomas Leuluai had a big impact on Wigan Warriors’ victory over Leeds Rhinos.

His side booked their place in the quarter-finals of the Challenge Cup with a 18-14 victory at Headingley, a week after they had been well beaten by the same opponent in Super League.

Peet believes the words of his assistant coach helped the Warriors to bounce back.

Tommy Leuluai spoke to the players during the week,” he said.

“His coaching this week has been outstanding, and I definitely think the way he addressed the players won us this game.

“He knows what wins big games.

“He’s a man of integrity and was the kind of player where you would feel better when he was at the side of you.

“When he speaks, people listen.

“He was captain in my first year as coach, and I love the way he spoke to the players this week.

“It was a big few days for him as a coach and I was so impressed.”

Peet also had praise for Bevan French’s defensive work in the victory over Leeds on Saturday afternoon.

“He has his highlight reel where he comes up with unbelievable plays- and that’s talent,” the Wigan head coach added.

“What I admire about him most is his courage and his willingness to compete.

He’s brave and makes big plays when the game is in the balance, in attack and defence.

“He’s quite inspirational actually.

“When your most talented players are so committed then everyone else follows suit.”

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... ct-4151172
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Re: Wigan Warriors: Matty Peet praises Thomas Leuluai's behind the scenes impact

Post by medlocke »

:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
josie andrews

Re: Wigan Warriors: Matty Peet praises Thomas Leuluai's behind the scenes impact

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:33 pm :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And what is your reply supposed to mean?? 🤔🤔
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

We where piss poor in the first half and barely held on in the second, jobs for the boys has to come to an end in my opinion, We miss Briers, Tommy Lulu is not a patch on him
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

Piss poor in the second half? What are you on seriously. You morbid git
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Big stick wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:54 pm Piss poor in the second half? What are you on seriously. You morbid git
You need to get glasses
craigo

Post by craigo »

He is bound to be a good influence. Top lad. And obviously knows a lot about the game.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.