Ryan Hampshire reflects on his return to first team action

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Ryan Hampshire reflects on his return to first team action

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

DaveO wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:48 am No club so unemployed after a bad injury. Takes some mental strength as well as the physical rehab to come back from that.

Shows what a precarious occupation being a professional RL player is. Which is why those who think a salary cap of £2.1m is enough (because it keeps wages down) are living on the wrong planet.
Agreed and only 28 weird to think hes the same age as Williams he seems to have been around longer
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:55 am
DaveO wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:48 am No club so unemployed after a bad injury. Takes some mental strength as well as the physical rehab to come back from that.

Shows what a precarious occupation being a professional RL player is. Which is why those who think a salary cap of £2.1m is enough (because it keeps wages down) are living on the wrong planet.
Agreed and only 28 weird to think hes the same age as Williams he seems to have been around longer
Seems much more mature this time around so I hope he has a few good years. Ryan, George, Joe Burgess, Lewis Tierney and I think Ryan Sutton were all part of a pretty formidable team coming up through the junior ranks. There may well be others from the same group. At least 5 good professionals from one group is still a very good return - I know Lewis retired but are there others from that group still playing at professional level?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Totally agree with this & yet namby pamby football players get paid millions to pretend they’re injured 😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

A couple of loose passes tonight and not particularly influential in attack. Still finding his form I hope but his passing off his left hand seems pretty poor
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yeah, he wasn't great tonight after an encouraging start last week.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Fan4Fifty wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:42 pm

Seems much more mature this time around so I hope he has a few good years. Ryan, George, Joe Burgess, Lewis Tierney and I think Ryan Sutton were all part of a pretty formidable team coming up through the junior ranks. There may well be others from the same group. At least 5 good professionals from one group is still a very good return - I know Lewis retired but are there others from that group still playing at professional level?
Gildart.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

The floating pass is way to high and gives the defence too much time to set.Hopefully matty will nip this in the bud.Still, i think he adds more zip than cust who us either knackered or has ridiculously lost form( honestly not sure)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

He’s not the Messiah he’s a very naughty boy
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

up the junction wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:56 am He’s not the Messiah he’s a very naughty boy
What does that mean?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

up the junction wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:56 am He’s not the Messiah he’s a very naughty boy
But he never was signed as one.

He was signed as cover and is doing just that.

Personally I'm expecting nothing extraordinary, just someone who can do a job. Any extra will be an bonus.