Wigan squad for Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Wigan squad for Hull KR

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Barney841 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:08 am
josie andrews wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:40 am
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 6:31 am

And Smith kicked 11/12 for England the other week.
I know Smith kicked 11/12 for England, I was there. I was replying to the question who would replace him?
I wasn’t having ago at Harry, he’s just going through bad patch, he will come good again.
Also think we’ve been spoilt having the like of Pat Richards, Frano Botica and Andy Farrell. They were class kickers, basically 6 point tries
We haven't had a top kicker since Richards left 10 years ago.
Stanfax

Post by Stanfax »

morley pie eater wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:48 am
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:04 pm
Bobby-WRL wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:36 pm Yet another great Wigan win I think I’ll check on WWFans to share the positiv……….. :roll:
My thoughts exactly. I was ecstatic when we won. We were far from perfect and had large spells of being under the cosh but we really pushed, equalised at the end and then rode our luck a little and snatched the win. Absolutely brilliant.

Then I log in on here and its doom and gloom

Ffs this is one of the form teams in the league. We are missing a huge chunk of our forward pack and still missing our (supposedly) choice stand off along with one of the most electrifying runners in the league. It was tough. We really had to dig in deep as they got on a roll and we got nothing from the ref but we stuck to it and got the win. I'm absolutely over the moon despite the missed kicks etc.

Just let yourself enjoy a win
Conversation with Marvin the Paranoid Android in Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy:

"Cheer up, Marvin. Look - the sun is shining."
"Yes, the sun is shining, but no doubt it will rain tomorrow."
"Powell? Don't talk to me about Powell."
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:38 pm
Barney841 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:08 am
josie andrews wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:40 am

I know Smith kicked 11/12 for England, I was there. I was replying to the question who would replace him?
I wasn’t having ago at Harry, he’s just going through bad patch, he will come good again.
Also think we’ve been spoilt having the like of Pat Richards, Frano Botica and Andy Farrell. They were class kickers, basically 6 point tries
We haven't had a top kicker since Richards left 10 years ago.
Absolutely right.
Only aiming at the older fans here😆
Getting old…
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Botica, Farrell & Richards are three of the best kickers the club has ever had. It's not always been the case.
Decades ago, when Fred (Punchy) Griffiths left we didn't have a quality goal kicker for years.

Botica was a great kicker, no question, his percentages must have been helped by the number of tries Shaun Edwards scored under the sticks.
Now, no one is scoring under the sticks, or anywhere near them.
To me that's a large part of the problem and one the coaching staff have to remedy.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Botica used to kick plenty from the touchline. Funny thing was when he did land one of those they used to almost limp over the bar, but over the bar they almost invariable went.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

i'd be more bothered about Smith if he was missing by miles and not striking the ball well

he is striking the ball well, and the ones v HKR only narrowly missed. Yes, they missed and it could have been costly. i used to play golf to a decent standard, and the margins are very fine between it being perfect and fractionally out
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

ddtftf wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:40 pm What is glaringly obvious we need a hooker with pace a big rough forward and after about 8 years without a goal kicker , is it just me who sees this ???
its time you got up to date. No team needs a "hooker" these day's and as for "a big rough forward with pace" your having a laugh. 8 years without a goal kicker is false. Somebody kicked goals during that period let me just think ah ! a goal kicker. ! :lol: