Wigan squad for Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Wigan squad for Hull KR

Post by Charriots Offiah »

craigo wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:07 pm Would I sign a player just for being a good kicker ?. Yes I would. Often the difference between winning and losing. Smith must improve. Or lose the duty.
Who would replace him?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:33 am
craigo wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:07 pm Would I sign a player just for being a good kicker ?. Yes I would. Often the difference between winning and losing. Smith must improve. Or lose the duty.
Who would replace him?
Hampshire can kick! Think in his academy games he kicked 10/10 one particular game!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

josie andrews wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:48 am
Who would replace him?
Hampshire can kick! Think in his academy games he kicked 10/10 one particular game!
And Smith kicked 11/12 for England the other week.
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

I feel Smith get far too much unwarranted criticism.

Sure he's missed a few kicks in the past few games, albeit most have been on the touchline.

He also made a couple of mistakes early on, but look at his involvement in many of the tries we score, especially playing without a recognised partner.

We've gone to HKR, a tough place to go at the best of times, missing more than a fair share of players, scared some great tries, more than the opposition and shown a huge amount of character.

Not really sure what more you can ask for, perfection?? If this has been Leeds or Saints we would be praising their ability to win under pressure. The sky commentary didn't help either as they seemed to have a predefined narrative of plucky HKR.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 6:31 am

Who would replace him?
I know Smith kicked 11/12 for England, I was there. I was replying to the question who would replace him?
I wasn’t having ago at Harry, he’s just going through bad patch, he will come good again.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

josie andrews wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:40 am

I know Smith kicked 11/12 for England, I was there. I was replying to the question who would replace him?
I wasn’t having ago at Harry, he’s just going through bad patch, he will come good again.
Also think we’ve been spoilt having the like of Pat Richards, Frano Botica and Andy Farrell. They were class kickers, basically 6 point tries
craigo

Post by craigo »

Who would replace him?
Current squad, Hampshire. Not sure about who I would sign. Wish Frano was younger !.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
endoman

Post by endoman »

2 games maybe until Field is back so Hampshire unlikely to be playing. Sign someone else, who? Then who do you drop to put them in the team?

Every missed kick at KR was off the touchline, most from the wrong side, not many kickers make those more than 50/50. Coaching is needed,
craigo

Post by craigo »

endoman wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:56 am 2 games maybe until Field is back so Hampshire unlikely to be playing. Sign someone else, who? Then who do you drop to put them in the team?

Every missed kick at KR was off the touchline, most from the wrong side, not many kickers make those more than 50/50. Coaching is needed,
I would have Stefan Ratchford. A Wigan fan !. Hang on. Who would I drop ?. Edit. Sneyd ?
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

josie andrews wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:40 am

The point I'm making is Harry has been good at another level as well.

Saying he's going through a bad patch is all well and good but I don't recall a period for us where he's been through a good patch