Well done to Kris Radlinski, the Groundmen & Latics management

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Well done to Kris Radlinski, the Groundmen & Latics management

Post by josie andrews »

Challenge Cup Quarters fixture confirmation

Wigan Warriors will face Warrington Wolves at the DW Stadium on Sunday 18th June, 2:30pm K.O.

The game will be shown live on BBC One and iPlayer, with coverage beginning at 2:05pm.

Tickets details to follow in due course.

Wigan Warriors will face Warrington Wolves in the Betfred Challenge Cup Quarter Finals and the date and kick-off time has now been confirmed.

The blockbuster tie at the DW Stadium, will see Challenge Cup holders take on current Super League table toppers Warrington Wolves, will be shown live on BBC One and iPlayer on Sunday 18th June, with coverage starting at 2:05pm ahead of a 2:30pm kick-off.

It will be the 24th time the two sides have met in the competition with Wigan having won 12 and lost 10. There was one drawn tie in the 1966-67 season, with Wigan winning the replay.

Wigan are the holders, having extended their record with a 20th Challenge Cup win by beating Huddersfield Giants at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium last summer.

Ticket details for the game will follow in due course.

Quarter Finals will be held on the weekend of 16-18 June, Semi Finals on 22/23 July and the Betfred Challenge Cup Final will take place at Wembley Stadium on Saturday 12 August – alongside the final of the Women’s Challenge Cup and the AB Sundecks 1895 Cup Final.

Tickets for Finals Day at Wembley Stadium are on sale now via the RFL website. Fans can take advantage of an Early Bird offer of 25% OFF all tickets, with prices starting from only £15 Adults and £7.50 for Under 16s.

Betfred Challenge Cup Quarter Finals draw in full:

Hull FC v St Helens [BBC One, Sat 17 June, from 2:05pm]

Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves [BBC One, Sun 18 June, from 2:05pm]

Hull KR v Salford Red Devils
York Knights v Leigh Leopards

Further TV selections are to be confirmed.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Well done to Kris Radlinski, the Groundmen & Latics management

Post by josie andrews »

Sorry, I was so happy to see this I had to make a new thread so it wouldn’t be absorbed into the other one
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Credit where credit is due, well done guys.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Great result for the club's management.
Well done to all.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Excellent result. Now is their any way we can have good prices to get a good crowd to a cup game?
craigo

Post by craigo »

Yes. Well done. It will be the telly for me.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
Raging Penguin

Post by Raging Penguin »

hopefully tickets can be priced around £15, would be great to get a high attendance. i also think it is about time we had our own challenge cup shirt that only got worn for CC games
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Raging Penguin wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:02 pm hopefully tickets can be priced around £15, would be great to get a high attendance. i also think it is about time we had our own challenge cup shirt that only got worn for CC games
No thanks. Definitely enough shirts commissioned each season
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 6:36 pm
Raging Penguin wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:02 pm hopefully tickets can be priced around £15, would be great to get a high attendance. i also think it is about time we had our own challenge cup shirt that only got worn for CC games
No thanks. Definitely enough shirts commissioned each season
Yes you’re right, no more shirts this year please!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Who sets ticket prices for CC games? Is it the RFL?