Mago... turned a corner?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Blackpool_Pie

Mago... turned a corner?

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Thought Mago again was really good tonight. Made a try from some good defence, did a decent stint, some good runs and no errors. Looks to have shed a few pounds and looks a little more explosive. I was absolutely one of his biggest critics at the end of last season and the start of this one but he's really turned it round in my mind. Just in time as well
Stanfax

Re: Mago... turned a corner?

Post by Stanfax »

Thought this too. Long way to go, and one swallow etc., but certainly improving.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yes, he's been much better in the last couple of games. I guess he knows he's in the last chance saloon.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

moto748 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 12:35 am Yes, he's been much better in the last couple of games. I guess he knows he's in the last chance saloon.
There is no last chance saloon.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Cant argue with this.He was much better than byrne.Thought ellis did a few good runs but sort of faded as the game went on
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:26 am
moto748 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 12:35 am Yes, he's been much better in the last couple of games. I guess he knows he's in the last chance saloon.
There is no last chance saloon.
How about the shop window????
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

He’s been good since he came back in. Too little, too late for a Wigan career but he can help us and help himself by playing well for the remainder of his time here.
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

He’s dreadful, just slightly less dreadful the last couple of weeks.

He was a mess during the set for the parcell try.

Looking forward to waving him goodbye at the end of the year.
craigo

Post by craigo »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:57 pm Thought Mago again was really good tonight. Made a try from some good defence, did a decent stint, some good runs and no errors. Looks to have shed a few pounds and looks a little more explosive. I was absolutely one of his biggest critics at the end of last season and the start of this one but he's really turned it round in my mind. Just in time as well
Agree. Mago and Ellis have both won me around.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Turned a corner? Still into a cul-de-sac.
Definitely better in the last couple of games but time on the pitch isn't enough and he doesn't have any staying power if he comes back for a second bite. He started as a compulsive offloader which was basically disastrous and now he never offloads at all.
He has to play because we just haven't got anyone else at the moment but if he's remembered it will be as yet another of our Antipodean 'big lumps' who didn't work out.